• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
SW/Central/SE VA Winter 2012-13 Thread

MidlothianWX

These trends are definitely nice. It's not too often that you see every member of the ensembles with at least 2-3" for us. Although, I am not sure if the ensembles carry any weight now that we are this close to the event and will benefit more from the higher res operational.

I agree with you but damn, the trends are so nice. I am going to be a nervous wreck all day today lol

Posted in the SE Thread...

http://raleighwx.americanwx.com/models/nam4km/06zNAM4kmreflectivity_SE.html

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z NAM looks weird. It has a stripe of decent precip from maybe New Bern NC northwestward to south-central VA (Emporia or South Hill maybe?) that somehow never really makes it to make to SE VA. Strange looking precip field. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

GFS is looking great but much, much different than the NAM which would be hard-pressed to put an inch down in most of SE VA. I'd love for the GFS to come through here but just because it looks like what you want doesn't mean it's right. Going to be an interesting next 24-36 hours around here.

GFS is looking great but much, much different than the NAM which would be hard-pressed to put an inch down in most of SE VA. I'd love for the GFS to come through here but just because it looks like what you want doesn't mean it's right. Going to be an interesting next 24-36 hours around here.

Word is there is something wrong with the NAM this run.

I would love for that map to verify, but it is kind of hard to believe considering the Euro and NAM are torching us.

For example, ORF does not go below freezing at the surface until Monday AM...

I wouldn't worry too much about temps. they are going to crash hard and we should be saved by timing of precip too.

Archived