Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
SW/Central/SE VA Winter 2012-13 Thread

MidlothianWX

packbacker, on 01 Mar 2013 - 12:31, said:snapback.png

12z NAVGEM is perfect track, ULL just south of CLT than to Myrtle at roughly hour 120-126, the SLP bombs out just east of Myrtle and tracks very slowly to just north of ILM hugging the coast and stalls there and actually drifts back south.

Disc said:

"QPF amounts are insane on the NAVGEM as well. 2"+ qpf in SE VA then SW into north central NC through 144 and it's still cranking off the coast."

From SE Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro ensemble is just as sick. Wow! This storm looks like is going to happen now. Just a matter of exact track at this point.

Booo. Hate to be a party pooper, but I'm fed up with the cold and everything outside being dead and gray.

So, I'm hoping this misses us. And if it doesn't, then I hope it's the last of Winter until next go 'round.

Just checked the euro snowfall maps on wunderground. Really doesn't show any accumulating snow east of 95 and nothing for HR.

Wish this was a different story but chances for a mostly all rain event here are high. Only if this thing was rolling into artic air, would be epic.

Just checked the euro snowfall maps on wunderground. Really doesn't show any accumulating snow east of 95 and nothing for HR.

Wish this was a different story but chances for a mostly all rain event here are high. Only if this thing was rolling into artic air, would be epic.

4 days away man. Don't stress yet. The trend has been south for a few runs on all models as of now. A little more would be nice to help us out though

As usual with any storm in this particular thread, a different story is being told by the users here, than is being told by the plethora of Wx pages I follow on facebook. So freaking confused. You all are saying major rain for HR. All of these facebook pages are saying rain to snow and still a major snow event for HR because of the duration of the event...

Seriously, which is it?

As usual with any storm in this particular thread, a different story is being told by the users here, than is being told by the plethora of Wx pages I follow on facebook. So freaking confused. You all are saying major rain for HR. All of these facebook pages are saying rain to snow and still a major snow event for HR because of the duration of the event...

Seriously, which is it?

Short answer is too early to tell.

Position of the low and strength are what matters. No way of knowing either right now.  Trends do look very nice though!

4 days away man. Don't stress yet. The trend has been south for a few runs on all models as of now. A little more would be nice to help us out though

Yup, hoping for some more south trends and colder temps. The usually! One thing that is better than the last event is the high/low temps prior to the big show.

Seriously, which is it?

If you are keeping up with wxsouth than I see what your saying. But from what we see on the latest models looks like rain.

Archived