Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
SW/Central/SE VA Winter 2012-13 Thread

MidlothianWX

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last few runs on the RAP seem to be developing an area of .5-.6in 2h total with pretty decent 850s.

I haven't checked soundings so take this with a grain of salt. It looks like we may be trending better in HR.

Nice! Do u know which 2 hours that is for? FWIW Wvec future track looked decent around 1AM. In fact it showed a 32 degree surface temp for VB at that time.

Big burst between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. as snow started in Charlottesville, and I arrived home at Spring Creek (near I-64 exit 136) to a 2-inch blanket. Snow moderated while Shadow Dog and I roamed around the driving range and the creek and woods around #9. Nice big flakes pouring onto my deck, looks like about 3 inches now.

Can anyone give me an update on southeast VA? Everything still on course? The local mets keep going lower and lower despite what the models and the rest of the weather world says.

It's just taking a while to change over. I am guessing by 12 we should be getting in on some action.

Just came from a ride to Judes Ferry on Rt60 (Powhatan) to pick up my daughter all roads covered and easily 3-4 inches from Windy hill to Judes Ferry. At my house in very eastern Powhatan little down in elevation less, perhaps 2" or so. Looks like mashed potatoes falling from the sky. Saw several flashes of lightning.

Archived