• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
The I'm praying this tree doesn't fall on my house thread

NJHurricane

We rent and there are two fairly tall trees on the NW side of the house...on school property that the school refused to take down. Sweated them out during Irene, gonna sweat em out tommorow...I'd go without power for 4 days if I could make a deal with the devil to have em fall in the street before the wind whips around to the NNW later.

Tall maple on the left is about 15' from our house. It's probably about 90 years old, assuming it was planted when the house was built. It's full of dead branches/limbs, top has fallen off once, and the neighbors power lines run through it. Pic was taken yesterday as I was cleaning out our spouts. Most trees in our area still have a majority of their leaves.

I've called PP&L numerous times this summer for a trimming and/or removal, they have yet to do anything. Fingers crossed that she stays solid.

209E7143-9F6B-43CD-AF44-67EB088F5186-23476-0000213E4CA8C17F.jpg

I own a house here in Toms River and I have multiple older oak trees in my yard I am concerned about. So yeah, I'm praying those trees don't fall on my house, or vehicles.

Yeah I am in the same boat - those big oaks even if they don't fall have very large branches that still can do some damage... been in TR about 20 yrs -- at the time we built our house we thought we needed more trees in the yard -- Good Grief....

We have one that barely survived the March 2010 nor'easter that is leaning towards the house (we lost 3 others that day). All tall pines with a lot of rot.

And my mom is all alone at home with me out here, my sister at school in DC, and my dad being forced to work regular hours at the 911 center in Brooklyn. So I'm a little bit stressed. But our cousins are right next door, so...

Have two very old huge maple trees on the east side of the house.....not worried about the whole tree but some big limbs could come down before the wind direction changes.....then I have to worry about the old TV antenna thats on a telephone pole in my yard coming through the living room window or roof :(

Archived