• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Wireless emergency alert system to be started

Great news!

Though, I can hear people complaining about it now - getting something they didn't sign up for, blah blah blah

They let you opt out of severe weather warnings, however you can not opt out of messages from the president, which will also flow over the WEA protocol.

One thing I slightly disagree with is the decision to not broadcast SVRs over WEA because they were afraid it would cause people to opt out.

A SVR nearby could well be a more dangerous situation IMO than a Blizzard Warning that might be put out 6 hours in advance.

They let you opt out of severe weather warnings, however you can not opt out of messages from the president, which will also flow over the WEA protocol.

One thing I slightly disagree with is the decision to not broadcast SVRs over WEA because they were afraid it would cause people to opt out.

A SVR nearby could well be a more dangerous situation IMO than a Blizzard Warning that might be put out 6 hours in advance.

100% agree.

Also, there are times when SVR's are issued they can be just as life threatening as a TOR, especially when you're dealing with potential for microbursts/macrobursts.

Archived