• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 14th, 2012 Plains High Risk

Exactly. From what I remember they didn't even mention the updated statement "large tornado moving into the city of Woodward" warning until it was basically north of town.

Definitely one of the more impressive early season Plains outbreaks in quite some time.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just putting it out there...I really think that when the NWS spells out cities within the warning it should be treated as currency. Loss/gain. If your town isn't mentioned during the warning then great. When the tornado warning went up for Woodward County I put on KFOR live stream. What bothers me and maybe for anyone who saw...the KFOR met kept reiterating that the tornado was going to miss Woodward and they were safe. I put on KWTV after the circulation passed and they were first to report a tornado had hit the city. KWTV was basically airing video of the tornado and talking to Marty by the time KFOR was up to speed. Anyone else see this?

That's because KFOR is plain awful.

That's because KFOR is plain awful.

We were watching them here in our met building last Friday and Saturday purely for the comic relief of listening to them scream like wild banshees on the air, not to mention to count the number of meteorological inaccuracies and the number of times they announced the "rating" of a particular tornado while it's in progress.

We were watching them here in our met building last Friday and Saturday purely for the comic relief of listening to them scream like wild banshees on the air, not to mention to count the number of meteorological inaccuracies and the number of times they announced the "rating" of a particular tornado while it's in progress.

Yeah, it's seriously so bad. KOCO is really good, but they don't have the copter coverage that the others do, unfortunately.

Archived