• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 2012 - Baseball Bulgin' Banana Hammocks Bikinis and Boozin'

ChrisM

I heard a peeper last night. About a week earlier than I can recall ever hearing them. Still looks like a torch later next week and beyond.

That's one of the empirical things that I keep track of each year. It should be interesting to see when they happen here. The one I'm watching is the forsythia's. The earliest I've seen them is late March (I think the 30th) and that was in 2002 which was a more mild winter/spring.

That's one of the empirical things that I keep track of each year. It should be interesting to see when they happen here. The one I'm watching is the forsythia's. The earliest I've seen them is late March (I think the 30th) and that was in 2002 which was a more mild winter/spring.

It was one lonesome and brave soul..lol, but i could not believe it.

If the Euro is right..most of the trees are fully leafed out in the valley the first week of April which is insane

Warm day but the wind ruined it.

Usually I would agree that wind, especially off the cool Atlantic, ruins a sunny day but out here, it was windy enough to mix down some warmer air aloft helping to temper the chill. Unusual for Nantucket. We hit 54f when otherwise we would have matched the water temp in the low 40's. For a bonus, the Peepers were going nuts last night. A true harbinger.

If the Euro is right..most of the trees are fully leafed out in the valley the first week of April which is insane

It would be amazing if that happened, but I just don't think it could. From Jan 1 - Mar 9, 2002 the mean temp. was 0.9° and this year we are running -0.9°, a full 1.8° cooler. Even if we have a couple of hot days, it will help, but it won't make it the leaves grow any faster.

If there's a long stretch of 60s, 70s to near 80°, I could see the third week of April, but not the first. It's already the 9th and nothing is coming out now. Next week will be the 16th and you'd only have three weeks for everything to happen just right.

Hey, how about that snow this morning?

Archived