• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snowfall...2011-12 vs 2010-11 Through January 13th

Chicago WX

I decided to take a look and see how all the sites were doing in season snowfall compared to last season at this time. Of course some parts of the region were off to a fantastic starts last winter, while others not so much. This winter, well yeah. I also added what is normal for each site through January 13th (first column...1981-10 for the US sites, 1971-00 for the Ontario sites).

So with that all said, here are the snowfall totals through January 13 for this season and last season...and the difference between this edition versus last year's. The London ON totals are both through January 12th due to the 13th not being updated yet.

Pretty striking. Hardly anyone is even close to where they were last year.

We were very lucky last season with some of the hybrid clipper hits. This season has been pretty quiet so far, but I'm sure we'll make up some ground later this month and especially next month. We haven't had too many early Spring snows the last few years here, so wouldn't be surprised to get one of them. Not scientific, just my "gut" feeling lol.

Pretty striking. Hardly anyone is even close to where they were last year.

Lansing, Sault Ste Marie, Fort Wayne, Rhinelander, and Milwaukee are the closest...in that order, from "best to worst". Of course only two of them are above normal to date...again not knowing the exact normal value for Rhinelander, but guessing so. Kinda kooky.

Archived