• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Best Weather Alert App?

So I've got a gift card to use up...and I'd like to get a weather alert app. Seems to me the iMap Weather Radio is pretty solid...but is it worth $9.99? I like that it only alerts based on whether the location I've selected is actually in the NWS warning box, and not based on whether there's a warning in my county (like my current web-based service does)...and of course the follow-me feature is awesome. But $9.99 still seems a bit steep. Really sorry I missed it when it was free. Does any other alert app even come close to comparing in terms of features?

So I've got a gift card to use up...and I'd like to get a weather alert app. Seems to me the iMap Weather Radio is pretty solid...but is it worth $9.99? I like that it only alerts based on whether the location I've selected is actually in the NWS warning box, and not based on whether there's a warning in my county (like my current web-based service does)...and of course the follow-me feature is awesome. But $9.99 still seems a bit steep. Really sorry I missed it when it was free. Does any other alert app even come close to comparing in terms of features?

If you're after an app that texts you and shows you a map whenever a warning, watch, or any other NWS product you want is issued for a user defined polygon you should try iNWS first. It's free.

http://inws.wrh.noaa.gov/

Yeah, I just realized that actually. Too bad, it's a great service.

I was wondering why I hadn't stumbled upon that one...I had been looking for a web-based service 8 months ago. But after a summer of getting warnings for every little cell that scraped the county (seriously think I got 6-7 warnings one night when only 1 storm actually hit me), I really would prefer to find a service that alerts based on the polygons.

I was wondering why I hadn't stumbled upon that one...I had been looking for a web-based service 8 months ago. But after a summer of getting warnings for every little cell that scraped the county (seriously think I got 6-7 warnings one night when only 1 storm actually hit me), I really would prefer to find a service that alerts based on the polygons.

Yeah that's the best part of this app. You can define exactly what area you want alerted for when a warning polygon or any other product intersects it. You can set up multiple areas too.

Archived