• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
my bear encounter

shaggy

Had a momma and a cub hanging around my treestand today. Thats never a good thing and it was hard to make momma go away. I finally ran her off but she came back but she had snuck up to within 10 feet of my stand just behind me. What was crazy is I never heard her coming up because she was walking so softly like she was walking on eggshells. She stared me over and went back to digging for mice and grubs and the 2nd time I could get her to leave. Yelling, throwing stuff, clapping nothing would work. Thankfully Downeast heard the commotion from down the road and came with the truck. Even then she wouldn't run. She was 30 feet from both of us and sort between me and him. He had to end up firing a warning shot and that worked. The bear ran 50 feet or and gave me enough room to make it to the truck while downeast watched for the momma. First video is when she was interesting and cool the 2nd video is when the concern started sinking in.

Moved from OT, Outdoor Photo (Video,etc) is a better fit. :) WTF man, bear season over? Big rug and a nice doormat, why did you run; you are the one with the 170 grain afterall?

Seasons out for bears until December down there. I might have had the 170gr but the man has the $2000 fine! Plus i'd rather shoot that one during the season so I can get the meat!

Seasons out for bears until December down there. I might have had the 170gr but the man has the $2000 fine! Plus i'd rather shoot that one during the season so I can get the meat!

Fair enough, figured as much shaggy, talk about horrible timing, only a couple days in Dec I assume... Great video though, can't wait to chat this one over a beer, maybe a couple depending on how exaggerated you guys get with it. :arrowhead:

Fair enough, figured as much shaggy, talk about horrible timing, only a couple days in Dec I assume... Great video though, can't wait to chat this one over a beer, maybe a couple depending on how exaggerated you guys get with it. :arrowhead:

I pulled up in the truck and the damn thing stood up 45 ft from me and was like "wut's up I aint going anywhere" lol. We were screaming at the bear and it just stood there. It moved however when I sent the round from the 30.06 about 5 ft to its left....plus at dark the muzzle blast from a high powered rifle is kinda spectacular.

:lol:

Nice video Shaggy :thumbsup:

I pulled up in the truck and the damn thing stood up 45 ft from me and was like "wut's up I aint going anywhere" lol. We were screaming at the bear and it just stood there. It moved however when I sent the round from the 30.06 about 5 ft to its left....plus at dark the muzzle blast from a high powered rifle is kinda spectacular.

Yes it is :hug:

Archived