• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
November 16th Southern Tornado Event

tornadotony

I looked over there and saw no title for this severe weather event....and it turns out it was buried 35 pages deep in a november discussion thread also discussing IMBY post such as "i see lightning"

The east coasters in the past have always been focused on snow and most don't really care for severe weather(interested in snow) that is why in the past here and at eastern outbreaks in AL/MS/TN etc have been discussed in the central/western forum too. Most of the hard core severe folks(the ones that follow outbreaks no matter where is it) post there anyway.

Now with the LOV spin off there may be three regions covered by the same event and no single "hard core only" severe weather thread.

I think from now-on we should just go about business as we used to but do it in the general forum.

On an aside: I was on the Lowrys, SC cell. Never expected it to produce and was heading home, by the time I was about a minute from leaving my spot it produced multiple funnels. Ended up with a tornado on the ground for about a minute before lifting. Multiple power flashes, was a really picture-esk stovepipe tornado with the sun setting. Also bad on the NWS, I tried calling multiple times to report it on the ground only to get stuck with automated messages.

Yes, I'd rather read a 50 page thread over having to navigate through three different threads for one event.

Id prefer something like April 27 where there were multiple threads, but one thread was devoted entirely just to the event. I don't exactly prefer having discussion of a severe weather event embedded in an obs/general discussion thread, which is what happened yesterday.

Archived