joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Oct 29 Banter Thread

am19psu

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of virga as I was looking at the sky at about 5:30. And, of course, my weather station went on the fritz, so no current observation.

I do remember the 2008 snow event - about an inch or so....combined with some high winds, it took down a couple large branches from our maple tree.

Of course, this year, I decided to take my snowblower in for a generalized service - new belts, etc - and I dropped it off last week. The service dude said it would take "a couple weeks", to which I replied, "no worries, no measurable snow should occur between now and early November".

Whatever falls here will melt by late Sunday, so probably no value in shoveling anyway. Even a couple slushy inches on the grass would be a novelty.

I'm done with this POS Valley.

Saturday: Snow before 1pm, then rain and snow. High near 37. Northeast wind between 7 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Saturday Night: Snow, mainly before 11pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 26. North wind between 9 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

I'm done with this POS Valley.

Saturday: Snow before 1pm, then rain and snow. High near 37. Northeast wind between 7 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Saturday Night: Snow, mainly before 11pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 26. North wind between 9 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

who cares what a point and click forecast shows? Really and seriously! You'll do fine tomorrow.

From the NWS Climo Dicso:

WHILE NO SNOW MEASURED IN ALLENTOWN AND PHILADELPHIA WITH THIS EVENT, A

BAND OF TWO TO FOUR INCH SNOWS FELL IN MONTGOMERY AND BUCKS

COUNTIES.

I can't believe ABE and PHL both missed measureable on Oct. 27, 2008. Shocked to read that.

Yeah, all we saw were flakes mixed in with cold rain...

This storm is starting to feel like a storm we had to drive through for hockey 4 years back. Was at school it was raining got off the train it was sleeting by the time I got to my house it was snowing/sleeting with a coating. Left KYM radio range saying 1-2 slushy inches. Got out to lancaster area where our tournament was and they were calling for 12-15 inches and at home they ended up with 5 or so inches. I mean this was February but the forecast and everything are following the same path lol.

Archived