Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
And we're off - first threat for a few mangled flakes

earthlight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very enthused by the changes in the 0z gfs. Almost made the complete jump to what previous euro solutions have been indicating. The first legitimate threat for accumulating snowfall. The h5 is beautiful and supports the idea of the digging shortwave and intensification closer to the coast. This is all possible considering the large area of confluence to the north and a beautiful setup that includes a nice block. It can snow in October, it has snowed in October, and it might just snow this year in October. This is the type of setup capable of producing such a rare event.

I believe tomorrow's model runs, especially the evening ones are much more important. Still think we are in that period of confusion and that more clarification will come tomorrow. Right now details will probably remain foggy.

So is the NAM. At least this keeps interest as the latter storm looks to be OTS.

Out to sea means it effects nobody...

The only model that shows OTS is the GGEM...

This is the first run of the ECM to have gone a slightly different direction which is less amplified then the prior runs...

Meanwhile GFS has come in more amplified at 00z...

Moral of the story is no model agreement and models are still fine tuning and adjusting!

Out to sea means it effects nobody...

The only model that shows OTS is the GGEM...

This is the first run of the ECM to have gone a slightly different direction which is less amplified then the prior runs...

Meanwhile GFS has come in more amplified at 00z...

Moral of the story is no model agreement and models are still fine tuning and adjusting!

This almost sounds like a wishcast. The UK is just about the only model with any serious impact other than a light rain or Rn/Sn mix.

The models are beginning to agree, its not all that far away now.

This almost sounds like a wishcast. The UK is just about the only model with any serious impact other than a light rain or Rn/Sn mix.

The models are beginning to agree, its not all that far away now.

How is it a wishcast?

00z ECM brings 0.25-.50 to SE PA all of SNJ at 90- 96 hrs..

The UKMET is NW of the ECM..

The GFS has come west from 18 Z

18 Z @ 102 hrs

00z @ 96 hrs

Looks to me to be more west and amplified...

As i stated the only model that is a complete miss is the GGEM

How is it a wishcast?

18 Z @ 102 hrs

00z @ 96 hrs

Ok, a light rain/snow mix if not just rain, no serious impact, and the GFS and Euro pretty much met in the middle. (the wishcasting part was "adjusting and fine tuning")

Agreed. Question, have you looked at this morning's run of the JMA. If you take that out past 72 hrs, any ideas. Yesterday's 12z run was unreal. Also, having the NOGAPS trend west overnight was also promising. Maybe the Euro had a bad run. That is my take on this. If you just say maybe the Euro had a bad run, then ALL of the other models actually trended in a good direction last night. JMA 0Z 72hr.

How is it a wishcast?

18 Z @ 102 hrs

00z @ 96 hrs

Ok, a light rain/snow mix if not just rain, no serious impact, and the GFS and Euro pretty much met in the middle. (the wishcasting part was "adjusting and fine tuning")

That very well may be the case but it is still 72-96 hrs away ...and my point was its not out to sea but on one model...

As far as fine tuning and adjustments -well ..if you think the models are not going to change any on the track etc in the next 72 hrs to 96 hrs...then i would suggest that you were not around for the models last season when they changed drastically under 72 hrs scooter.gif

Archived