• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
National Town Hall Meeting TONIGHT - 8 PM EASTERN

For more information see the live blog thread for NWA (about the fourth or fifth post in the thread)

Here is a snip

Hopefully the technology works tonight

The National Weather Association will host a Town Hall meeting on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 from 7-9 p.m. at the Wynfrey Hotel in Hoover. The event will bring together professionals involved in the severe weather enterprise to listen to the thoughts and opinions of a scientifically chosen sample of everyday people who experienced that fateful day here in Central Alabama.

This meeting will feature a wealth of information, as well as questions/answers concerning the tragic April 27 tornado outbreak across not only Alabama, but the entire Southeast region as well. The questions will be directed from two social scientists to the specially selected audience members.

Attendance to the event will be limited to NWA Annual Meeting Registrants and the 200 audience participant who have been authorized to invite one guest. But, the NWA will stream the event free on the internet. The stream will be available at http://www.ustream.t...-2011-town-hall.

Also, in the right hand side-bar of this page towards the bottom, you will find a U-Stream player embedded so anyone can watch Tuesday night’s Town-Hall meeting.

I should say what went wrong and what went right

Very somber tone here this morning as they discuss the event tonight - asking everyone to show no emotions to the public's reactions to the questions they will be asked. Not to act shocked if people give the wrong answers - asking the meteorologists here to listen and learn.

Really hope some good will come out of this and future gatherings. I learned a lot, empathized with some, and totally understood others. Excellent format and discussion.

agreed. one of the better formats that i have seen for something like this. between this and the NWS report about Joplin a few weeks ago, I hope there will be the right adjustments made at all levels about how to handle outbreaks like those. After all, we had like 3-4 multi-day outbreaks this year, and usually you only get one a year, maybe 2 in a really bad year. i just wonder how many of those adjustments all levels can afford and are willing to pay for, given the current state of politics and economics.

Archived