Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Taking a drive west

Bostonseminole

go to the Big E

Hello everyone,

Soccer games cancelled today so we decided to take a drive west, my wife really wants visit the Berkshires, wondering if you guys can give me some advice of the towns to see and placed to go this time of year. Maybe visit some apple farms or pumpkin farms, wineries.. let me know.

Thanks

Raul

But in terms of the Berkshires, you can't lose driving up Greylock. Cheap way of getting to a summit. :) I have hiked it, but never drove up. Nice hiking in southwest Mass at Mount Washington Park. Some nice summits like Allander Mountain that aren't too tough a climb. Technically it's the Taconic Range, but people consider it the Berkshires area.

leaving soon... :)

But in terms of the Berkshires, you can't lose driving up Greylock. Cheap way of getting to a summit. :) I have hiked it, but never drove up. Nice hiking in southwest Mass at Mount Washington Park. Some nice summits like Allander Mountain that aren't too tough a climb. Technically it's the Taconic Range, but people consider it the Berkshires area.

Thanks all for the comments we ended up going up to Rockport, it was nice, not so many tourists, got to eat with no wait and walk around the downtown.. great day with the family.

I think we will leave early next Sunday and head to the Berkshires.

R.

Thanks all for the comments we ended up going up to Rockport, it was nice, not so many tourists, got to eat with no wait and walk around the downtown.. great day with the family.

I think we will leave early next Sunday and head to the Berkshires.

R.

In terms of towns, Great Barrington, Stockbridge, West Stockbridge, Lee, and Lenox are probably the best to check out. Great Barrington is the largest, while Stockbridge is the most idyllic. Plus they're all pretty close to the MassPike. Foliage should be a bit more colorful by next weekend too. Peak is usually around Columbus Day, but the maples and ashes are really starting to turn already. The Tanglewood grounds are a good place for a leisurely and scenic walk in Lenox.

In terms of towns, Great Barrington, Stockbridge, West Stockbridge, Lee, and Lenox are probably the best to check out. Great Barrington is the largest, while Stockbridge is the most idyllic. Plus they're all pretty close to the MassPike. Foliage should be a bit more colorful by next weekend too. Peak is usually around Columbus Day, but the maples and ashes are really starting to turn already. The Tanglewood grounds are a good place for a leisurely and scenic walk in Lenox.

Thanks Mitch, printed your comments for next weekend.

Archived