amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
18z Model Guidance

benfica356

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, I think it's just impossible. No way a low is going from southeast Missouri to central Kentucky to central Virginia to New Jersey. The 18z run should be :banned:

and that's why it's an ensemble mean. Of course the low probably won't do that, the mean is taken by averaging the 20(?) GFS ensemble members together to come up with a compromise of where the general features are for all the individual runs of the members.

and that's why it's an ensemble mean. Of course the low probably won't do that, the mean is taken by averaging the 20(?) GFS ensemble members together to come up with a compromise of where the general features are for all the individual runs of the members.

I wasn't talking about the ensemble, I'm talking about the OP. That track is pathetic and just can't happen.

It appears as if HPC is not even sure yet themselves on what solution will be the final...

FINAL...

UNFORTUNATELY...THE BALANCE OF THE MODELS HAS NOT CHANGED WITH THE

12Z CYCLE. THE GFS HAS COME SLIGHTLY NORTHWARD WITH THE TRACK OF

THE MAIN SURFACE LOW AS IT APPROACHES THE APPALACHIANS...BUT THE

GEFS MEAN HAS COME A HAIR SOUTH. THE UKMET CONTINUES ITS SOUTHERN

TRACK...KEEPING THE SPLIT FLOW SEPARATE OVER EASTERN NORTH

AMERICA. THE GEM GLOBAL IS STILL TO THE NORTH...WITH MORE

NORTHERN STREAM INTERACTION. WILL STICK WITH THE MEAN USED FOR

THE UPDATE PACKAGE...WHICH CONTINUES TO BE THE COURSE OF LEAST

REGRET. MORE CERTAIN IS THE INVASION OF MODIFIED ARCTIC AIR IN

THE WAKE OF THE BIG EASTERN WAVE...WITH NORTH WINDS DRIVING SOME

OF THE COLDEST AIR OF THE SEASON SO FAR DEEP THROUGH THE EASTERN

STATES AND DOWN THE FLORIDA PENINSULA BY THE END OF THE PERIOD.

CISCO

Watch out posting maps. Don't think it's allowed in "this" subforum.

Even though lots of us are on cells, iPhones, driving working and depend on reloading the page to quickly see the maps. Shame.

Please do not take this into this thread. If you have a beef, PM me or any other moderator. Nobody said you can't post maps. If you got that from the post, I suggest you read it again.

I have been pretty stubborn so far today, but there has definitely been a jump east in some ensemble members since last night. I won't call it a trend yet at this point. But it's certainly interesting to see some of the members shy completely away from the big wrapped up phase, especially considering the past several storms where we have seen de-amplifying trends as the storm approaches. Also, I probably would cut off a finger to see P004 verify.

f138.gif

I definitely thought about this whole de-amplification we saw with the last 2 events, and it shouldn't be ignored. Granted that doesn't necessarily mean anything for us in terms of snow, but it is what is probably preventing this (if it indeeds occurs more like the 18z GFS says) from amplifying, phasing with the PV and giving chicago a blizzard. earthlight, is there anything in particular on the 18z GFS that shows why the s/w digs and then kinda meanders east before finally climbing the shoreline? (esp wrt to the 500mb setup because i have been watching the trends and that low between greenland and labrador/newfoundland has been trending further south and stronger)

Archived