joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
KDIX

johnc

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an article going up online tonight about this. Disgraceful the radar was down during the brunt of the storm. It's not Mount Holly's fault but the damn thing is a piece of crap.

The last thing the NWS needs at this point is a cut in funding.

Of course people do not know (or forget) that our technicians were out at the radar for hours and hours and hours trying to get the radar back up and working again. They were very frustrated! We had the PHL terminal doppler radar so that was of some help at least. Before we called a technician, we tried restarting the radar several times but when connection failures kept popping up, that is not a good sign. Believe me folks, everything was done to try and get the radar back up and running, but also the parts could not be flown in as the airports were closed during the storm.

Thanks for the updated info Mike :).

found the video from when KDIX went down during Irene... which met is this?

That is one of favorite videos on the internet :)

As for the radar,. joking aside......I'm sure everyone was trying to get the damn thing fixed, its just a shame with all the $$ wasted elsewhere by the government (I'm not trying to make this thread political, promise) more isn't put toward making sure these things are in top working order at all times. I know things break, but could the timing be any worse?

Of course people do not know (or forget) that our technicians were out at the radar for hours and hours and hours trying to get the radar back up and working again. They were very frustrated! We had the PHL terminal doppler radar so that was of some help at least. Before we called a technician, we tried restarting the radar several times but when connection failures kept popping up, that is not a good sign. Believe me folks, everything was done to try and get the radar back up and running, but also the parts could not be flown in as the airports were closed during the storm.

That's the other story -- the techies having to be out in that crap trying to fix it. :(

I know it's not your fault at all as the radar is simply a POS.

That's the other story -- the techies having to be out in that crap trying to fix it. :(

I know it's not your fault at all as the radar is simply a POS.

I must say I was amazed to see an image here or there well into the evening. I was thinking to myself "wow, they're STILL out there, even in THIS weather?" Kudos to them for staying that long.

Archived