joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
KDIX

johnc

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With what? A rubber band and some scotch tape?

I hope you are kidding. Otherwise this comes across as a cheap shot at the technicians that spent numerous hours getting the radar fixed with new parts that were flown in.

Just wait till the next time it rains.

Thanks! Appreciate it. :arrowhead:

I hope you are kidding. Otherwise this comes across as a cheap shot at the technicians that spent numerous hours getting the radar fixed with new parts that were flown in.

Mike, you know I always kid around. :)

I always respect the Mt. Holly guys(and even plug you guys in New York when you picked up on things that Upton doesn't....i.e. Irene).

joining this conversation a bit late, but is it a matter of this unit needing to be replaced or do they just occasionally break down and need repair?

Given the cost, it will likely not be replaced. They do fail at times given the wear and tear, however maintenance is done on them routinely. Everyone should keep in mind that these radars are always running even during quiet weather. The only downtime really is when maintenance is being performed on them.

Given the cost, it will likely not be replaced. They do fail at times given the wear and tear, however maintenance is done on them routinely. Everyone should keep in mind that these radars are always running even during quiet weather. The only downtime really is when maintenance is being performed on them.

Yea, I was kinda thinking of the car analogy. Just because it needs a timing belt, you don't run out and buy a new car (although we would all like too!).

Archived