joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Irene - Pictures, Video and Images

Parsley

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. Your pics were great as well (before vs. after is nice for comparison).

I can't believe the water topped the new bridge up there in Spring Mount! Amazing. I can only imagine what the trail looks like going around the base of Spring Mountain. Must be a disaster.

Thanks for the pics guys. I wanted to go out and do some shooting myself, but the wife was being her grumpy old self regarding me going out in storms, so I just stayed in.

I snuck out while my wife was napping :)

Took the mile walk to get there and couldn't believe what I saw. I actually missed the crest by about 2 feet, but the water was still extremely high. I walk 3-4 miles most days on the Perkiomen Trail, so seeing the carnage was both exciting and sad at the same time.

-Creek crested at 17.76 ft.

-The Ranger Station at the park is actually up on stilts

post-232-0-10613500-1314578591.jpg

post-232-0-62731200-1314578873.jpg

Nice pictures Parsley- I really thought the walking was going to wash away. Lets hope the County can clean this up with prisoners.

Thanks. Looks like I'll be getting my exercise elsewhere for a little while. Good call on this mess way in advance! :thumbsup:

Grothar-Sent 17 August 2011 - 02:34 PM

I really dread whats coming in the end of August, first week of September. I am seeing tropical systems coming our way during this time period. Get your waders ready and camera ready for some flooding pictures.

Thanks. Looks like I'll be getting my exercise elsewhere for a little while. Good call on this mess way in advance! :thumbsup:

Grothar-Sent 17 August 2011 - 02:34 PM

I really dread whats coming in the end of August, first week of September. I am seeing tropical systems coming our way during this time period. Get your waders ready and camera ready for some flooding pictures.

Thanks. We are not done yet.

Wow, nice pics/videos everyone. I never really knew how bad "flooding" could be til I moved to this area where streams and rivers are abundant. Seeing the force of water......the destruction it causes and the threat it poses to people is astounding. Its amazing how winds and waves always seem to get the hype over flooding in storms.

More pics/videos of the Perkiomen Creek damage at this link. I couldn't get to the downtown Collegeville location yesterday afternoon due to flooding. The fact the water made it across Rt. 29 in the Ford Dealership is crazy!

http://perkiomenvall...ane-irenes-wake

Here was damage from my yard from the Neshaminy Creek in Croydon:

sany0149thumb.jpg

sany0150thumb.jpg

^ A ice storm destroyed this area in a icestorm back in 1995, it ust to be a steel Gazebo. But today, our docks are all over it.

sany0148thumb.jpg

^ A lot of sand along the creek as well.

sany0147thumb.jpg

^ The flood took our 1 month old tree and took it down along with a piece of plywood.

sany0146thumb.jpg

^ A lot of boats floated down 2 yards from the storm.

sany0151thumb.jpg

^ Our docks and this guys docks were the only ones to survive along the creek, they were connected pretty well. But still damaged.

sany0145thumb.jpg

^ And lastly, Floyd came in here back in 1999 and came up 1 block. Now years later, we had our house raised and it was up 5 feet!

Wow, nice pics/videos everyone. I never really knew how bad "flooding" could be til I moved to this area where streams and rivers are abundant. Seeing the force of water......the destruction it causes and the threat it poses to people is astounding. Its amazing how winds and waves always seem to get the hype over flooding in storms.

More pics/videos of the Perkiomen Creek damage at this link. I couldn't get to the downtown Collegeville location yesterday afternoon due to flooding. The fact the water made it across Rt. 29 in the Ford Dealership is crazy!

http://perkiomenvall...ane-irenes-wake

That pic from the Main Street Market in Schwenksville must have been from noon yesterday or maybe earlier. I drove past it at about 2:45 PM and the water in the parking lot was much lower. By the time I got back there to take pics at 3:30 PM, it was almost gone from the parking lot (see my 3rd to last pic, taken while facing the parking lot from the front of the store).

Archived