• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Joe Bastardi?

JB was a dramacaster with turrets who used to post here. He often became extremely irate and irrational when anyone would question something he said. Some posters began to get upset with all this and he was asked to leave the board. As far as how reliable his forecasts were, who knows, since no one cared enough to follow up on his lofty claims. However, his comedy was always spot on and it's missed severely around here.

JB was a dramacaster with turrets who used to post here. He often became extremely irate and irrational when anyone would question something he said. Some posters began to get upset with all this and he was asked to leave the board. As far as how reliable his forecasts were, who knows, since no one cared enough to follow up on his lofty claims. However, his comedy was always spot on and it's missed severely around here.

That was actually DT.

That was actually DT.

Exactly.

Its believed JB used to lurk on the old Wright Weather Board and may have in the very early days of Eastern as well in 2004 or 2005...because he would sometimes mention things indirectly hinting at that in his column....but yes I never recall him ever being on Eastern as an actual poster.

Its believed JB used to lurk on the old Wright Weather Board and may have in the very early days of Eastern as well in 2004 or 2005...because he would sometimes mention things indirectly hinting at that in his column....but yes I never recall him ever being on Eastern as an actual poster.

JB = DT

DT was JB's msg board alter ego.

Joe's subscriptions are decent in the short to medium range. Otherwise he'd go out of business. Long range can get a little sensational. Back when I had access to a subscription, company paid, I found the analysis helpful in making my own forecasts. Did not always agree with Joe's conclusions, but I read the analysis. With his free stuff you get what you pay for. Cheers!

Wasn't he 'borntorun' on Eastern? I think he had 1 post.

In response to the thread starter, epic cold winters are coming to S. Carolina.

Anyone bought a subscription to WeatherBell?

No, his PPV column went off the rails on global warming. I don' even disagree with him on AGW, but there was no detailed analogs, teleconnections, the stuff I watched him for.

Archived