joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
0z Model thread

tombo82685

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dude...516-522dm heights will produce more than "slightly below avg" temps.

Not at the surface according to the gfs, except maybe Day 7. Doesn't look any lower than the 40s for highs except the higher elevations are far inland.

It's a really cold run for the south though, it gets colder at the surface after the vortex weakens, some big freezes down south in northern Florida.

Not at the surface according to the gfs, except maybe Day 7. Doesn't look any lower than the 40s for highs except the higher elevations are far inland.

I suppose the one thing working for a bit higher on the temp side is that there will definitely be good mixing.. most likely above 850 mb.. that should help warm things a bit.. If we had a 1040 high parked on top of us, then forget about getting the temps to rise much.

yea.. at that point, the pattern is pretty progressive.. that trof is on the move real fast... then that system explodes offshore.

We are gonna be pulling our hairs out....

I feel like its gonna be one of those issues where timing we can't get it pinned down.

If all goes well, then December might actually end up below normal temperature wise. Still, because of today's temperatures in the 60s, it'll take the next the 3 or so days for the positive departures to level out to neutral, and then can we start seeing some negative departures, but if for any reason we get another 2-3 days of 60+ temperatures this December, our averages could still end up just normal or even slightly above.

We're not dealing with any big time arctic air mass that would create severe departures, just cold enough to bring things down below average.

Yet, who knows how this month will go, one or two more lake cutters, and say hello to another above average month regarding temperatures.

This will not be our year, most Mets know that, JB knows that, and it's just something we'll have to put up with. La Ninas are incredibly frustrating for snow lovers, but it might now be all bad. We need a strong La Nina to help cool things down in Canada and globally so that the next season will be a lot better.

If all goes well, then December might actually end up below normal temperature wise. Still, because of today's temperatures in the 60s, it'll take the next the 3 or so days for the positive departures to level out to neutral, and then can we start seeing some negative departures, but if for any reason we get another 2-3 days of 60+ temperatures this December, our averages could still end up just normal or even slightly above.

We're not dealing with any big time arctic air mass that would create severe departures, just cold enough to bring things down below average.

Yet, who knows how this month will go, one or two more lake cutters, and say hello to another above average month regarding temperatures.

This will not be our year, most Mets know that, JB knows that, and it's just something we'll have to put up with. La Ninas are incredibly frustrating for snow lovers, but it might now be all bad. We need a strong La Nina to help cool things down in Canada and globally so that the next season will be a lot better.

This is a bit premature. Of course La Ninas are frustrating. The lack of the STJ prevents moisture from getting to us from the gulf and zonal flows whip storms out to sea before we can get precip. on the ground. However, I think our best chance would be a weak -NAO without such a dominant 50/50 low. I'm not saying we're getting any Miller As, but clipper systems that redevlelop and produce Miller Bs are still a threat for this winter.

This is a bit premature. Of course La Ninas are frustrating. The lack of the STJ prevents moisture from getting to us from the gulf and zonal flows whip storms out to sea before we can get precip. on the ground. However, I think our best chance would be a weak -NAO without such a dominant 50/50 low. I'm not saying we're getting any Miller As, but clipper systems that redevlelop and produce Miller Bs are still a threat for this winter.

Of course there are the very rare exceptions, the January Blizzard of '96 (in a Nina), when you had a huge energy coming from the polar jet and fused a Miller A/B hybird. (But that's extremely rare here).

Of course there are the very rare exceptions, the January Blizzard of '96 (in a Nina), when you had a huge energy coming from the polar jet and fused a Miller A/B hybird. (But that's extremely rare here).

A clipper redeveloping into a Miller B is not so much to ask. Imagine a weak -NAO in the same situation we are now and tell me it wouldn't end up in a 6-12 inch storm from NYC to Boston. What I'm saying is that winter is not completely over just because we won't have any Miller As this year.

Archived