ENGLAND...

HIGHER-LATITUDE VORTICITY MAXIMUM OVER SWRN ONTARIO WILL TRANSLATE

ENEWD THROUGH CNTRL/SRN QUEBEC THIS PERIOD WITH REGION BEING GLANCED

BY MORE SUBSTANTIAL HEIGHT FALLS THROUGH THE PEAK OF THE DIURNAL

HEATING CYCLE. LATE MORNING SURFACE OBSERVATIONS INDICATE THAT

BREAKS IN THE CLOUDS HAVE SUPPORTED SURFACE TEMPERATURES WARMING

THROUGH THE 70S AS FAR N AS THE LEE OF LAKES ERIE AND ONTARIO. THIS

DIABATIC HEATING COUPLED WITH SOME BOUNDARY LAYER MOISTENING WILL

YIELD AFTERNOON MLCAPE VALUES INCREASING TO 500-1500 J/KG.

LOW-LEVEL ASCENT ALONG SYNOPTIC COLD FRONT AND PRE-FRONTAL OUTFLOW

BOUNDARIES IN CONJUNCTION WITH GLANCING INFLUENCE WITH

ABOVE-MENTIONED MIDLEVEL IMPULSE ARE EXPECTED TO FOSTER AN INCREASE

IN STORMS THIS AFTERNOON WITH UPSCALE GROWTH INTO MULTIPLE LINE

SEGMENTS LIKELY. GIVEN THE RELATIVELY STRONG WSWLY WIND FIELD

ALREADY IN PLACE AND THE DEVELOPMENT OF A WELL-MIXED BOUNDARY

LAYER...THE POTENTIAL FOR CORRIDORS OF WIND DAMAGE WILL EXIST INTO

TONIGHT ALONG WITH A RISK FOR A FEW TORNADOES.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the next frame will have them eating sh*t as they approach NYC.

You're in a decent spot. I could see you getting a some small hail and some wind.

dude let it go, that simulated radar has the convection right on the doorstep of NYC at that frame. I think your trolling this just because I started the thread.

dude let it go, that simulated radar has the convection right on the doorstep of NYC at that frame. I think your trolling this just because I started the thread.

was I talking to you? NO. Earthlight and I already agree they will diminish significantly as they approach NYC and I already stated everyone will hear some thunder, but anything coming even remotely close to severe will be points west of the city.

was I talking to you? NO. Earthlight and I already agree they will diminish significantly as they approach NYC and I already stated everyone will hear some thunder, but anything coming even remotely close to severe will be points west of the city.

you follow just about every one of my posts that you don't agree with a remark such as "impossible" or "never gonna happen". This wouldn't be the first time you had to swallow your own words. We shall see what happens tonight, will be fun to watch it all come together.

The marine layer is about as entrenched as youll ever see it along the coast right now. (55 here 81 in NYC only 20 miles away) Watch the storms die a quick violent death as they approach LI later.

agreed....but then again, it looks to be more of a car hitting a brick wall type sceneario, so NJ, even perhaps the city itself should be in game. Storms are really firing now as they move past State College.

agreed....but then again, it looks to be more of a car hitting a brick wall type sceneario, so NJ, even perhaps the city itself should be in game. Storms are really firing now as they move past State College.

Your in a completely different air-mass, and no doubt have the needed heat energy for at least a severe level squall line. I see the State College line holding together all the way to NYC only to dissolve right before moving east of Manhattan, Really a pretty normal occurrence this time of year though this is one of the more extreme examples.

Your in a completely different air-mass, and no doubt have the needed heat energy for at least a severe level squall line. I see the State College line holding together all the way to NYC only to dissolve right before moving east of Manhattan, Really a pretty normal occurrence this time of year though this is one of the more extreme examples.

exactly.

the 12z spc wrf had the initial line fizzling out, then a new MCS develops over central PA and hits NE PA and NW jersey hard and weakens as it heads towards NYC before fizzling out over LI. Nothing special but some thunder would be sweet.

Archived