joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/30 Snow/Rain Threat

Thunder Road

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well now, the 18z GFS going with a solution similar to what the 00z ECMWF showed. The 12z ECMWF is much weaker and more out to sea, but something tells me it will bring it back.

Encouraging words from you. +100!!

Will be interesting to see what the 18z gefs shows.

The 18z was just more progressive. It was farther NE a bit, but not really any more amplified or suppressed than 0z is right now, since at that point it's moving NE.

QPF is essentially the same for all of PA on both runs. We'll see if it trends closer to the coast with time...

SREF also says threat is not dead yet... with very light (less than 0.10" in the 6-hour intervals) precip and temps just above freezing along I-95, and colder NW. So verbatim, a coating to an inch seems reasonable north and west just going by the SREF.

EC says this threat is not completely dead yet... though precip is light (less than 0.15" at TTN in the 6-hour intervals) and surface temps are warm (35 or higher at TTN at the 6-hour intervals).

vista's accum precip maps must really suck. They have ttn in the .25-.5 range, with .5 contour just south of them..phl is in the .5-.75

vista's accum precip maps must really suck. They have ttn in the .25-.5 range, with .5 contour just south of them..phl is in the .5-.75

There is a decent accumulation, but its stretched out over 24 hours. Overnight (0z-12z) its 0.1 and 0.12 I believe (don't have it in front of me, quoting from memory).

is the euro still running a warm bias ray?

Adam answered with a fascinating graphic that I didn't realize was being generated. So yes... maybe 1F per the graphic, unless I'm reading it wrong. Which mean the 6-hour temps would be 34F instead of 35F along I-95.

Adam answered with a fascinating graphic that I didn't realize was being generated. So yes... maybe 1F per the graphic, unless I'm reading it wrong. Which mean the 6-hour temps would be 34F instead of 35F along I-95.

if this storm does happen this looks like a suburbian elevated 200ft above mash potato snow

Archived