• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interesting Warm To Cold March Pattern

bluewave

This is an interesting warm to cold pattern that we are seeing this March.

So far for the month, the temperatures are running above normal around

the area.

I was only able to find five analogs where we saw this warm start and then

the temperatures fell well below normal to end the month.The last week or so

of the month is forecast to be really cold relative to normal for the end of March.

Since there have only been five analogs that were close to this forecast,we'll

have so see how well the April temperature composite does across the area.

The composite is hinting at cooler temperatures relative to the mean here

in the Northeast.

Tony,

I fear this April will be like 2009. I hope not, though, that was terrilbe, worse than 2007, IMO.

I cant remember it being that bad 2 years ago. I checked the stats and +2.0 at NYC with a very warm finish. April 2007 for that 2 week period was just lousy.

I dont think this April will be bad past the 10th or mid month period. I think we'll see a nice flip to warm then

I cant remember it being that bad 2 years ago. I checked the stats and +2.0 at NYC with a very warm finish. April 2007 for that 2 week period was just lousy.

I dont think this April will be bad past the 10th or mid month period. I think we'll see a nice flip to warm then

Yeah we had a heat wave that truly skewed the mean, but it did have is cold moments, that is for sure.

I hope you are right, Tony.

the first two weeks of April 2007 were cold...Then we got deluged and it became much warmer the second half...

The first three weeks of April 2007 were colder than the first three weeks of January 2007.... we even had a storm undercut us and give snow to Virginia in early April, with snow showers as far south as Georgia. The Tax Day noreaster was the big event that month and ended with snow in Philly and south Jersey-- up to an inch in spots.

The first three weeks of April 2007 were colder than the first three weeks of January 2007.... we even had a storm undercut us and give snow to Virginia in early April, with snow showers as far south as Georgia. The Tax Day noreaster was the big event that month and ended with snow in Philly and south Jersey-- up to an inch in spots.

I remember the April 15 Nor'easter and it was cold yeah, I recall going to lacrosse games with a solid jacket on.

I remember the April 15 Nor'easter and it was cold yeah, I recall going to lacrosse games with a solid jacket on.

Was it that Jan that we hit 70? I think it was right on the anniversary of the Jan 1996 blizzard too -- SACRILEGE!

Archived