Newest Member
    joxey
SNE Summer Thread

free_man

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Since winter has been over for quite some time, Spring is generally very boring and uneventful, any thoughts on summer?

Temps: I'm thinking near normal, maybe a hot July (+2)

Active severe wx ? '88 and '99 come to mind as mod-strong Ninas following Nino. I'm no expert on ENSO. I don't remember any blockbuster events either summer, though '99 might have had a few decent ones.

Tropical activity? I'm going 14/6/4 as a shot in the dark early call - two landfalls FL to NC and FL panhandle

Thoughts?

Bump

reading Raleighwxs forecast..just recollected this summer thread from the grave. I meant '89 of course, that was a typo...Will corrected it. I'm not feeling great about next winter, but that is a long way away.

leaning towards a slightly cooler than normal summer here, continue to see that IMO

Bring on summer!

Bump

reading Raleighwxs forecast..just recollected this summer thread from the grave. I meant '89 of course, that was a typo...Will corrected it. I'm not feeling great about next winter, but that is a long way away.

leaning towards a slightly cooler than normal summer here, continue to see that IMO

Bring on summer!

Summer of 1988 still stands out in my mind as one of the hottest and most humid that I can remember. Part of it was probably due to the job I had at the time (construction) and living for my last summer at my parents in Foxboro.

Last summer was probably hotter, but I had a better job, a pool, and AC :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

Since winter has been over for quite some time, Spring is generally very boring and uneventful, any thoughts on summer?

Temps: I'm thinking near normal, maybe a hot July (+2)

Active severe wx ? '88 and '99 come to mind as mod-strong Ninas following Nino. I'm no expert on ENSO. I don't remember any blockbuster events either summer, though '99 might have had a few decent ones.

Tropical activity? I'm going 14/6/4 as a shot in the dark early call - two landfalls FL to NC and FL panhandle

Thoughts?

March 15th, went for a near avg June, above July, below August. Working out pretty well.

Haven't changed thoughts on tropical , 14/6/4. Slightly above 100 year avg, but pretty normal for the more modern era stretch.

NOAA as of May, iirc, is 12-18 / 6-10/ 3-6 .

Archived