Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Global SST Maps

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Must be getting near tropical season @ Amwx... ;)

My initial impression from the initial post is the right color scale makes a big difference as far as quickly seeing what is going on. Not being flip, but the use of 'warm' and 'cool' colors to denote above or below normal makes the SSD maps much more useful than the Unisys map.

SACRUS has been a staple, the standard if you will, of tropical maps, imagery, and informational data first on Easternwx that has continued on to Americanwx. Some 'Johnny come lately' does not replace SACRUS and the effort that has been put forth for a 'one stop thread' to provide that information throughout the years hence my saying it must be getting near tropical season @ Amwx. Just sayin...;) SACRUS was 'country before country was cool' so to speak.

SACRUS has been a staple, the standard if you will, of tropical maps, imagery, and informational data first on Easternwx that has continued on to Americanwx. Some 'Johnny come lately' does not replace SACRUS and the effort that has been put forth for a 'one stop thread' to provide that information throughout the years hence my saying it must be getting near tropical season @ Amwx. Just sayin... ;) SACRUS was 'country before country was cool' so to speak.

Doesn't matter to me.. just sayin'. I figure I have about as many resources as 99% of the weather sites on the internet. Just sharin'. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived