one for Ottawa South and one for Ottawa North

:arrowhead:

Warnings

Ottawa South - Richmond - Metcalfe

10:38 PM EST Sunday 27 February 2011

Freezing rain warning for

Ottawa South - Richmond - Metcalfe upgraded from Winter storm watch

..Freezing rain beginning overnight..

A low pressure system developing over Missouri will pass through the Southern Great Lakes on Monday. Snow or freezing rain is expected to begin overnight and possibly change to rain in the early morning hours from west to east. Potentially more than two hours of freezing rain is possible during the transition from snow to rain. Environment Canada will continue to monitor the situation closely and update this warning as necessary.

Ottawa North - Kanata - Orléans

10:38 PM EST Sunday 27 February 2011

Winter storm warning for

Ottawa North - Kanata - Orléans continued

..Snow at times heavy tonight and Monday with several hours of freezing rain Monday morning..

Periods of light snow over the area this evening will intensify overnight ahead of a low pressure system moving in from the American southwest.The heavier snowfall is expected to last into Monday afternoon with total snowfall amounts near 15 cm. In addition, there is a very good potential for freezing rain between 5 and 11 AM Monday.

snowing on the north shore of montreal but rain / frzra pockets elsewhere.:thumbsdown:

great to hear snow reports from ottawa city and east.

looks like environement canada's split warning may pay off.

system defintely ended up a touch warmer than most modeling as we thought last night when looking at the nortrhward extent of the precip in the midwest, but it is obviously a close call.

tough year for ottawa airport continues.

snowing on the north shore of montreal but rain / frzra pockets elsewhere.:thumbsdown:

great to hear snow reports from ottawa city and east.

looks like environement canada's split warning may pay off.

system defintely ended up a touch warmer than most modeling as we thought last night when looking at the nortrhward extent of the precip in the midwest, but it is obviously a close call.

tough year for ottawa airport continues.

Regardless of any dissapointment I may feel, it is a lot better than rain and 13C (55F)

Strongly agree with that. Lucky for us in the north it is still snowing at a pretty good clip, with some huge flakes thrown in for good measure! Though I fear the airports observation will once again be very skewed.

in other words Ottawa gets "skewed' again. :lol:

The 6z GFS run shows very heavy precip for us around 18Z (which is 1pm EST I believe, unless I've always been reading these models wrong!).

The 6z GFS run shows very heavy precip for us around 18Z (which is 1pm EST I believe, unless I've always been reading these models wrong!).

hahaha yeah there have been some skews..different parts of the city have at times cashed in, but only once did the whole city get a thumping, and even then the airport seemed skewed!

I think that implies the precipitation till 18Z, i.e. between 12Z and 18Z...which is happening now. I could be wrong though, but thats what I infer.

Rain and 33F here. It was FZRA for the first few hours of it. I'm just glad to be avoiding a really bad torch. I'm watching the spike of truly mild air try to make it's way into south/central NY and I doubt it ever gets here. Just a cold rain for us. The gfs has it back below freezing early this evening so on to the next event then.....

Raining lightly in downtown Montreal.. :thumbsdown:

Cheers,

Scratch

yeah thats the precip thats already fallen as Drax mentioned.

feel bad for my folks, as the sidewalks will be iced over pretty good after this frzra.

Archived