joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monday - Tuesday Event

jayyy

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

man its snowing everywhere around montreal island.....east, west, north and south.

not sure what caused this warm air intrusion at the surface in the city. i realize the winds shifted SSE but wasnt expecting that.....perhaps a local mesolow effect or something?

Ya, I just looked outside expecting to see more rain, and much to my surprise it's snowing, granted it's wet snow, but in my world, wet snow trumps rain.. :-)

Cheers,

Scratch

man its snowing everywhere around montreal island.....east, west, north and south.

Welcome to Ottawa tongue.gif Thats been the story of our winter!

Really heavy snow here...must be approaching, or perhaps crossed, 15cms/6inches.

I hope it turns good for your guys....though its hard to feel pity...you have had a much better winter haha!

Ya, I just looked outside expecting to see more rain, and much to my surprise it's snowing, granted it's wet snow, but in my world, wet snow trumps rain.. :-)

Cheers,

Scratch

great news! cold air is going to mix in, the sooner we can flip to snow, the better for accums. just rain here in west montreal still but it looks as though wet snow is mixing in as well at the vaudreuil bridge.

:lol:

Ottawa South - Richmond - Metcalfe

10:54 AM EST Monday 28 February 2011

Snowfall warning for

Ottawa South - Richmond - Metcalfe issued

YES! In a way, its now a complete winter...we have had a Winter Storm Watch, a Winter Storm Warning, a Snowfall Warning, a Freezing Rain Warning and a Flash Freeze Warning. Only thing missing is a Blizzard Warning weight_lift.gif

great news! cold air is going to mix in, the sooner we can flip to snow, the better for accums. just rain here in west montreal still but it looks as though wet snow is mixing in as well at the vaudreuil bridge.

Well the snow has definitely picked up in intensity downtown.. Seeing as how they were calling for a ridiculous high of 52 a few days ago, this is a nice surprise.. Hopefully like you mentioned, the cold air will continue to mix in, and we stay all snow!

Cheers,

Scratch

Well the snow has definitely picked up in intensity downtown.. Seeing as how they were calling for a ridiculous high of 52 a few days ago, this is a nice surprise.. Hopefully like you mentioned, the cold air will continue to mix in, and we stay all snow!

Cheers,

Scratch

deffinately a good storm by this winter's standards. Congrats are in order for last night's GFS which nailed the storm for eastern Ontario, saying we'd get bombed with snow...right about now.

Wow...this was fun! Measured about 8 inches/20 cms on the ground (previously bare) in many spots...given the compaction, I would imagine more than 20 cms fell (up in the north anyways). So OLs aggressive call panned out thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Impressive amounts given the relatively short duration.

:snowman:

agressive in ottawa, conservative in montreal :lol:

all in all, as OB mentioned, the GFS handled the system best with the brief but intense precip duration... although it was a bit too cold in montreal.....no model really showed that wind shift and surface warming though on the island.

deffinately a good storm by this winter's standards. Congrats are in order for last night's GFS which nailed the storm for eastern Ontario, saying we'd get bombed with snow...right about now.

Congrats! You guys were _WAY_ overdue to get nailed with a big time snow event, although it took much longer than expected.. Enjoy the snow! :-)

Cheers,

Scrtach

It was all snow where I live, but Kanata wasn't so lucky. Under the 6 official cms, there's a half inch thick layer of ice. What a difference 45kms make!

yeah my parents said there was about 3 inches (7-8cm) in barrhaven with a thick layer of ice below.......S and W sections obviously did much worse than N and E sections, again.

Archived