• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Does anybody believe that parts of New Jersey broke the State Record snowfall?

Chris L

Off topic but wasn't there a thunderstorm that dropped 25 inches of rain in South Jersey in 5 hours at some point in the 80's or 90's or am I just way off.

There was a storm cell that sat over some portion of the area between TTN and Camden during the summer of 96 or 97 that dropped something like 16 inches of rain in 3-4 hours and caused horrific flooding...I want to say Ewing was the township that was effected. The NWS has invalidated many snow records in recent tears, the Whitehouse NJ is one of the more notorious ones along with the Montague NY 77 inches in 24 hours from 1997 that broke the previous U.S. 24 hour record of 76...upon visiting the observer's house the NWS became aware from documents he had lying around that he was relatively well versed on what the record was and he also took 5 measurements in 24 hours I believe instead of 4.

There was a storm cell that sat over some portion of the area between TTN and Camden during the summer of 96 or 97 that dropped something like 16 inches of rain in 3-4 hours and caused horrific flooding...I want to say Ewing was the township that was effected.  The NWS has invalidated many snow records in recent tears, the Whitehouse NJ is one of the more notorious ones along with the Montague NY 77 inches in 24 hours from 1997 that broke the previous U.S. 24 hour record of 76...upon visiting the observer's house the NWS became aware from documents he had lying around that he was relatively well versed on what the record was and he also took 5 measurements in 24 hours I believe instead of 4.

think you guys have that confused. that happened in sussex county/morris county border

edit, the one im talking about happened in 2000

Archived