joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Lawn/Garden/Golf Thread

tombo82685

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no pic but a few spots have grass that looks like it has a few blades rust color but the others around it are green.

Thanks,

Rossi

wish i could help, but its just not enough information to really say on thing or the other is going on without a pic. There is a low nitrogen disease called rust that affects turf. Does it has like rust like worts on it, or is the leaf color just rust-like?

wish i could help, but its just not enough information to really say on thing or the other is going on without a pic. There is a low nitrogen disease called rust that affects turf. Does it has like rust like worts on it, or is the leaf color just rust-like?

Leaf or blades look like thread in a rust color but in a few spots only - rest of lawn looks great

Thanks

Rossi

What if anything can be done about a potential case of Pythium blight? I keep having these patches of grass brown out and then collapse and flatten out. The dead grass has almost a greasy look to it at first.

Thats not pythium. Pythium is active during high temperatures in the summer after an evening thunderstorm. The turf has to be wet for 10 hours or more. Take a picture of the area. Also, pythium doesn't form in patches, there is really no distinct infection pattern it just goes wherever. Usually you see it where water drains or where mowers drag it across the lawn.

Tombo,

When is a good time to fertilize again - I fertilized april 1 so I figure June 1 and I assume I should use whatever spreader setting is recommended on the bag. In the spring I followed your instructions and used 1/2 of the amount recommeneded.

Thanks,

Rossi

Tombo,

When is a good time to fertilize again - I fertilized april 1 so I figure June 1 and I assume I should use whatever spreader setting is recommended on the bag. In the spring I followed your instructions and used 1/2 of the amount recommeneded.

Thanks,

Rossi

Was it a slow release fert or quick release? If it was quick release i would hit it again at half the rate now. The in the beginning of june put down a fert that has atleast 30 percent slow release in it at about a third of the rate the bag says.

If it was slow release you put down, wait till beginning of june again to fertilize it.

Was it a slow release fert or quick release? If it was quick release i would hit it again at half the rate now. The in the beginning of june put down a fert that has atleast 30 percent slow release in it at about a third of the rate the bag says.

If it was slow release you put down, wait till beginning of june again to fertilize it.

I am not usre what scotts fertilizer is?

Rossi

actually disease pressure is very low rust is superficial... but cool season brown patch could be aproblem if you are at very high fert rates..also some superficial leaf spot out there but not a concern..

fox

I was out in the woods yesterday with my dogs, these dens were all over, the dogs were uninterested in them, Must be abandoned. They look like igloo's made of dirt and dried grasses. Hard as a rock. Thanks Tom

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I'll ask anyway.

My wife and I have a flower garden that was planted last year. we haven't fertilized or anything at all since we're still learning how to do stuff like that. We are going to be putting in new plants next week, but we were told that we should fertilize when we can.

Should we wait until we plant the new ones before putting on the fertilizer (likely using the miracle gro garden hose spray) or should I do it on the existing ones and then wait for new growth on the new plants?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I'll ask anyway.

My wife and I have a flower garden that was planted last year. we haven't fertilized or anything at all since we're still learning how to do stuff like that. We are going to be putting in new plants next week, but we were told that we should fertilize when we can.

Should we wait until we plant the new ones before putting on the fertilizer (likely using the miracle gro garden hose spray) or should I do it on the existing ones and then wait for new growth on the new plants?

I would plant the new plants, then fertilize everything with osmocote. Its a slow release fertilizer for a plant, like a gobstopper.

What is the pollen count lately? The past 3 days my allergies took off like a bat out of hell. I sound like I have a bad cold, my throat is messed up and so are my eyes. I look like I did to many shots or to many beers. Its killing my energy and I feel like crap.

Get some AllegraD. I take it twice a day, as long as its in my system my many allergies hardly touch me. Without it I'm dead-man-walking.

My grass has never been greener this year! I fertilized it last fall using orgainic fertilizer, but never put down any grass seed. Somehow it didn't die from last summer's dry spell and looks like we have our lawn professionally done! :thumbsup:

grass usually doesnt die, it just goes dormant. As long as the crowns get some rain, it will be fine.

Get some AllegraD. I take it twice a day, as long as its in my system my many allergies hardly touch me. Without it I'm dead-man-walking.

I take Allegra-D 24 hour type prescription, i have doubled up at times, but i dont want to do it all the time. Its killing my mood for anything. Like if there were to have a severe thunderstorm right now, my reaction timing would be way off, and all, i am so damn drained.

I take Allegra-D 24 hour type prescription, i have doubled up at times, but i dont want to do it all the time. Its killing my mood for anything. Like if there were to have a severe thunderstorm right now, my reaction timing would be way off, and all, i am so damn drained.

this happens even when your fine....

Archived