• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
All lightning/thunder videos

whiteoutwx1796

I've seen and heard thunder and lightening numerous times since feb-26-27 of 2010. Several times on 2/26-27/10, 12/26/2010, and now again on 1/26-27/11. With each occurrence, I've wasted so much time in the period that followed trying to capture the next strike, only to stop filming minutes before the inevitable. Congrats to Bri for finally getting one on film. I am exceedingly jealous.

:lightning:

Dude - That was Hilaaaarious. You just Stopped Talking........and paused to take in the Weeniest of Weenie Moments. Great Stuff.

Irishbri74 - Same Thing hahaha. Losing your V-Card. A Great moment. Hearing/Seeing your First Thundersnow. Priceless.

I Had My greatest moment in life on December 9th. 2005. Not only Did I see Lightning, but a Lightning Bolt. And Not only that - It was a couple of hundred feet behind my house in the woods. The Most Godly of Moments.

The only video I have is in my head. Maybe one day, it will be able to play on a screen. I won't ever forget it that's for sure.

On the topic of thundersnow, here's perhaps the earliest account that I could find:

Joshua Hempstead wrote the following concerning the weather at New London, CT in his journal on January 19 and January 20, 1714:

January 19: Fair... Cloudy. Snow at night.

January 20: Itt snowed last night & some rain & hail--thunder & lightning & snow & hail today... a high tide.

I suspect that many here would be a bit more excited.

I almost crapped in my pants i thought someone was taking a pic. i looked up saw the lightning it hit a transformer in the distance and i saw sparks flying amazing simply amzing and i was awestruck then i heard firetrucks not to long after . Personally this was better than 96 hands down the way the whole day unfolded weenie heaven nuff said see ya.

Archived