Jump to content

Moonhowl

Members
  • Posts

    697
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Moonhowl

  1. Nobody in WNC gives a crap about conspiracy theories or politics right now, it's about helping each other.
  2. Fortunately we came thru with just a fallen tree that missed everything but a fence and minor basement flooding. Cell service just starting to come back in Asheville, so first internet access since Friday. Hoping everyone is safe.
  3. Still have cellular internet but I live a few hundred yards from a cell tower.
  4. Trees coming down around here in Asheville.
  5. Just lost power. Wind cranking up.
  6. Watching Jason Boyer on WLOS, this is as intense as I have ever seen him.
  7. Trying to, this is me watching the thunderstorms roll in after completing some drain work.
  8. Thanks ncjoaquin, the best back to you and everyone, this one is stressing me out to say the least. Rain pouring down here at the moment.
  9. Definitely, not going to go far enough west to keep WNC out of major impacts. I remember this one and not getting any sleep the night it came through:
  10. Buckethead has opened a can of Fall, bring it on, sans hurricanes.
  11. Jason Boyer just showed your selfie on WLOS and gave you a shout out.
  12. Saw this from Jason Boyer on the WLOS site this morning: https://wlos.com/news/local/record-breaking-run-asheville-sees-no-measurable-snow-for-737-days#
  13. Heck, as you mention we will be starting second winter soon, tis the season. We will see if Buckethead can lose his keys in the snow the first week of May this year.
  14. First day of meteorological Spring; seems like I have seen this before; happy March 1 y'all:
  15. I understand you keeping it real, which can be depressing considering real snow probability these days. I was thinking about Jason Boyer forecasting a couple of snow chances to be duds that turned out otherwise some years ago. However, he would be right 90 plus percent of the time just going with that, lol.
  16. About the time the Intuitive Machines lander touched down on it
  17. Blocking beginning in March is about as sure as the Spring solstice.
  18. NWS this afternoon forecasted a 20% chance of snow showers for Banner Elk on Saturday.
  19. LOL, yes, enough of a dusting this morning to get the ground slightly white, and I am thinking we really scored with this event.
  20. A cold January produced nothing but a high heating bill, I didn't like them apples.
  21. That is the year folks got stuck at Pisgah Inn but it was early May; they had cleared the road to Pisgah Inn by the time we went up there to ski. Below are a couple links to articles on the storm: https://climate.ncsu.edu/blog/2017/05/remembering-the-surprise-spring-snow-in-may-1992/ https://www.wsoctv.com/weather/historic-may-snowfall-looking-back-at-may-1992-snowstorm-in-nc-mountains/520582886/
  22. Yea, first time I ever went cross country skiing was on the Parkway starting at the Hwy 276 intersection in May 1992. Winter is far from over.
  23. Seems over the past decade or more, this neck of the woods has three seasons: fall, winter, late winter followed by summer. There will be a spring fever week in February then the teleconnections setup for a western ridge and east coast trough; cold winds start blowing in March and persist into the first week in May with a smattering of brief warmups. Mountain valleys will continue to see snow flurries in April and into May for the higher elevations. It will be interesting to see if El Nino disrupts what has become a typical "Spring" pattern.
×
×
  • Create New...