Jump to content

L.I.Pete

Members
  • Posts

    242
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by L.I.Pete

  1. Light snow in Port Jeff. Amazing. Almost looks like an inverted trough feature on radar? .
  2. I got stuck in a hotel at South of the Border (NC/SC) for a couple of days on the way from NY to Ft. Lauderdale in the December '89 storm...took two hours to travel the last 10 miles and I-95 was closed the next day. Remember watching playoff football at the hotel, getting trashed at South of the Border and shooting off fireworks in the snow.
  3. Me...I went to a public meeting in Southold for four hours and came out to like 8" of snow on my little Sentra. Ride home was harrowing until I got to William Floyd Parkway...almost nothing west of there.
  4. Agree. 24-36" forecast and I think we got 14". Such a disappointment LOL.
  5. Feb. 2013 was the most memorable one down here. 18" in five hours, 30" total. Thundersnow, too. One of my favorites.
  6. I remember flying into Islip from Florida right after that storm and the ice looked insane from the air. Like LI was one huge skating rink.
  7. Yes - iPhone 12 Pro. The low-light performance is great.
  8. Flurries just started her in Port Jeff Station. 34 degrees. .
  9. February 2013. Piled up close to 18" between 3 and 8 p.m., 32" total. Craziest rates I've ever seen.
×
×
  • Create New...