Jump to content

EastCoast NPZ

Members
  • Posts

    9,961
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by EastCoast NPZ

  1. Yesterday's .93" helped, but was hardly anything notable. Unless we get at least one more significant rain I will still end up with another month below 2" total precip. It got me wondering how often this has happened recently, so I went back through the records for the last 2 years and checked: 2026 JUL: 1.80 (to date) JUN: 1.59 MAY: 3.70 APR: 1.49 MAR: 1.62 FEB: 1.70 JAN: .71 2025 DEC: .99 NOV: .83 OCT: 1.86 SEP: 1.60 AUG: .68 JUL: 4.05 JUN: 4.40 MAY: 12.04 APR: 1.77 MAR: 1.74 FEB: 1.20 JAN: .49 2024 DEC: 2.74 NOV: 1.00 OCT: .50 SEP: 3.38 AUG: 10.08 JUL: 1.46 JUN: .82 Unreal. I knew it was bad, but this puts this drought in perspective. 8 months out of the last 25 have been 1" or below 18 of the last 25 months have been below 2". We had 9 straight months below 2" (Apr '26 - Aug '25) and in that stretch had 3 straight months below 1". 10 of the past 11 months have been below 2". And we had another stretch of 6 out of 7 (Apr '25 - Oct '24) in this stretch. And if the rest of July fails, we add another below 2" month to these stats. WTF happened in May '25 and Aug '24?? What a ridiculous anomoly. 37% of our total rain the past 25 months fell in those two months. Without that, this place would be uninhabitable.
  2. It finally stormed after an hour of drizzle. Decent storm but only .73".
  3. It's rained twice today and I have a grand total of .01" to show for it.
  4. Looks very familiar. Just like the forecast and/or the result for every event the past 4 years
  5. .02" yesterday, which guarantees yet another below 2" precip month. Unreal. It never ends.
  6. Drizzle It's rained twice today and yet to wet the ground.
  7. And another classic miss from SW to NE. Lots of thunder, wind, not enough rain to wet the ground and 1 mile north gets pummelled.
  8. It'll make the lack of storms today more memorable.
  9. @CAPE I took this pic at the Badlands just for you. I considered making it my profile pic.
  10. I'll believe that actually happens when I see it. At this point I have no faith in any El-nino, pattern, or storm to produce even 1 good event here.
  11. Forecast of storms / rain tomorrow already cut down to 60% from 80% this morning. Another dud incoming.
  12. This is the most wildfire smoke I have seen here.
  13. Looks like mby got a storm on the 9th. PWS shows .50". Not much else while I was away. Everything just as brown as when I left for vacation.
  14. As the heat builds out here in Montana, I thought that I'd check in on how things were going back home. I see not a damn thing has changed.
  15. Not a drop today at home. Gorgeous mid 60s day here in Montana though
  16. I see reports of 4 and 5" in some areas yesterday and stephens city got .09". I shouldn't be surprised.
  17. The line split just as it got to me. Got .12" on strong winds. As usual, the real storm slid to my north. You probably did well again.
  18. 0.00 Can probably just go ahead and record that for today as well. Perhaps Monday has a chance to record some rain once I leave town.
  19. And a storm that misses to the north, of course. Lightning and thunder for the past 45 minutes and not a drop of rain.
  20. Maybe for you, but rain is never a lock here. Personally, I've given up on snow around here. There hasn't been a 6" snowstorm in Stephens City since 2016. I watched it sleet for hours this year at 11F. Outside of some miraculous fluke, a true snowstorm here is a thing of the past.
×
×
  • Create New...