-
Posts
13,362 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Posts posted by Voyager
-
-
2 hours ago, pasnownut said:
Not sure if Etown has seen a flake yet.
Well there is one here everyday but I do not count.
Crazy how just W and S of here is getting in on it, and nada here...so far.
Hey, I was just in Etown a couple hours ago. We drop/hook dirty for sanitized tankers at Quala on Industrial Rd.
-
1
-
-
Had a bit of sleet mixing in, but it's now stopped, even though radar is still pretty robust over the local area.
-
Storms really fell apart till they got here. My station reported only one nearby lightning strike.
-
7 minutes ago, Yardstickgozinya said:
I mean, I could be wrong. But I believe that sign in the background specifically sells, diesel gas . If @Voyager can confirm this.I believe this photo was taken in CampHill, by the harrisburg hydroponic and the old Coca cola shipping facility, if they're even there any longer.
Looks like a Pacific Pride sign. They're a cardlock diesel provider, and yes, that's in the Camp Hill/Lemoyne area.
-
1
-
-
16 minutes ago, canderson said:
Off of 83 around Lewisberry looking NW toward Linglestown - a best friend took it
Thanks. I saw the trucks and loading docks so I was wondering.
-
-
Kind of mixed clouds and sun here after a brief shower.
-
I know it's March, and this is a false spring and isn't sustainable, but do we have to go back to being THIS cold next week?
TuesdayMostly sunny, with a high near 32. -
Got to 79 here in Tamaqua.
-
-
1 hour ago, AccuChris said:
74° in Lebanon…glorious
.71 in Tamaqua for the high today, and as you said, glorious!
-
1
-
-
Well, I didn't think we were supposed to drop below freezing overnight, but here we are with frost on the cars and a temp of 31 this morning.
-
-
3 minutes ago, anotherman said:
He won’t be happy until dew points are in the 70s.That's not true. I like the warmth, don't need the humidity. I do like mornings in the 70's, but in reality, the best temps are highs in the low to mid 80's.
-
Alright, so when the hell do we see the warmth on this side of the state? Forecast yesterday evening said temps rising into the 50's overnight.
Still sitting at 43.
-
On 3/6/2026 at 4:22 PM, RedSky said:
Forecast is two whole days to see the sun and feel the warmth before crappy weather returns

Worst part of this for me was the forecast from last weekend had the warm-up starting on Wednesday, with Thursday and Friday being in the mid 50 to mid 60's. and Saturday solidly in the 60's. That didn't happen as we rotted (up here anyway) in the low 40's with a foggy drizzle all three days. So the warmth was delayed considerably. If only the cold push would be subsequently delayed. I feel cheated otherwise.
-
21 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:
I hope you get in on the action too!
Got the rain, not the thunder.
-
Just now, mahantango#1 said:
Heavy thunder the house shook from it and very bright lightning here
Bet it does the Tamaqua split...
No lightning detected from my station yet.
-
Still cloudy and foggy here with a temp of 44.
-
22 minutes ago, Superstorm said:
I'm beginning to think that we don't get out of the low 40's today either. Some warm up. Seeing that map absolutely maddens me.
I really should have stayed out west and let the chips fall where they might with my wife and marriage. I'm so climate driven, that this has really had an effect on my overall physical health. I haven't felt well since Christmas.
-
4 minutes ago, anotherman said:
On the flip side, it would give you more snow since the mountains wouldn’t be there to eat up clippers/maulers.True, but I guess you need to give some to get some.
-
1 hour ago, canderson said:
Davis
iirc @Voyager has had issues with his new Ambient setup
I thought the Ambient wasn't reading wind correctly, but after getting the Tempest, my wind speeds have not changed. I'm so protected by mountains on both sides of me (I live in a low area at the top of an inverted V formation). As such, I'm never going to get the impressive gusts that other, more open locations can get no matter which station I have.
As for the Tempest, it's decent, but you better get a separate rain gauge or way to measure melted snow in the winter because the hepatic rain gauge won't pick up snowflakes.
Turns out the Ambient was a good PWS, and I'm actually thinking of buying another one.
-
1
-
-
52 minutes ago, WmsptWx said:
Jesus Christ, Steve LOL
I suppose that was a little bit harsh, but those mountains are separating me from nice weather. Cold air damming is such a good name for it, because when it happens, I'm like "dammit"...lol
But anyways, just to be clear, I was being facetious, and in no way wish harm on our state, or anyone's life or property who live in or on the mountains.
-
I'll believe it when I actually feel it. If someone ever attacks our mainland, I hope they level the Appalachian Mountains...
Sunday: A slight chance of showers between 7am and 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60.
-
1
-




Central PA Spring 2026 Discussion/Obs Thread
in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Posted
Oh please no...
No more salty roads.