Jump to content

Spanks45

Members
  • Posts

    4,372
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Spanks45

  1. hopefully all of us have a ton of snow....I think my largest storm since moving here in 2014 has been 18 inches.....
  2. We like visitors, that means that a great storm is coming...
  3. Where have we seen this before? 8-12 Lollis 12-16 inches until further notice for the SWCT crew?
  4. It's all about the chase now...I'm still the guy that thinks my team is going to pull it out in the 9th inning down by 5 with 1 out....we are up by 2, bottom of the 3rd right now...plenty of time
  5. I feel like 84 to 108 hrs out is when these things like to start throwing a few curve balls. Stay the course for now and see where we are tomorrow at this time. Past failures has me concerned slightly, and has from the start of this thing...
  6. stuck in between the 2? You know something is going leave us lonely in this neck of the woods....
  7. I am still ok with those lows running close to long island, smell the sleet/rain...we probably won't sniff 30° even if the low tracks that close
  8. We expected some bouncing around at some point, it wouldn't be a good storm if we didn't have a run or 2 that looked like it would start slipping away. Off to the ensembles....
  9. 2016 light version......has had that look for days, we were bullseyed in that one as well, might have been 5+ days out too, only to watch it subtly shift south run by run. Thankfully we had a last second bump north. But in the end the bullseye ended up DC to NY
  10. That's a big storm for us down here when comparing to last year's seasonal debacle..We take anything and be happy at this point...in the end I expect some white rain to start, icing up by the evening. Probably one of those evening rush hour issues
  11. I moved to CT in December of 2014, my previous "record" year was 72" during the 95/96 season living in Millersville, PA.
  12. Best snowfall season I have ever experienced in my lifetime of 37 years(I measured 73 inches where I lived in Newtown)...hoping to someday top that year without having to move north.... Any ideas on the record snowfall for a season is for the Southbury/Newtown region is?
  13. Its a great grill...I had the previous model for 11 years, 6 of those were spent in the salty air of Delaware which led to premature rusting.
  14. Up to 62⁰, now the sun is out...feels great! Turkey is grilling away.
  15. greatest decision my family made! We have actually been homeschooling for 3 years now and haven't missed a beat...We have missed the lack of sports though. Thankfully we moved back in August and our cul-de-sac has multiple families with kids almost all the same age and they are getting together to play almost everyday, social distancing of course. I can;t even imagine what it would be like if both of us worked and had to deal with the on and off remote schooling, just a nightmare.
  16. a friend's parents just got it, from simply having an uncle stop by and help out with a few things around the house. Both parents are not doing very well at this point, amazing how 1 simple interaction could lead to dire consequences.....we need some sort of vaccine asap
  17. its like finally getting the EURO to latch on to the blizzard being shown by most models....GFS is Nevada at the moment, might show the blizzard after the snow starts falling
  18. This guy has been around 2 out of the last 3 nights....first at 430 am and last night at 815 pm, 5 minutes after I had the dog out. I do not really want to run into him.
  19. Great views from my house as it sits at the high point of the "valley". I don't think those hills will effect much, might end up staying under 32 in freezing rain events though. The breezes are great, so much better than our last place, surrounded by trees, never had any breezes, always felt stagnant.
  20. The bottom third, that the main unit is attached to is a galvanized steel pipe. The anemometer is attached to an aluminum pole that is used for a roof rake. Since it doesn't snow anymore, I figured the pole would get better use holding an anemometer...
  21. Finally got the Davis setup, temporarily at least until I get the garden built and the anemometer on top of the house....
  22. North of here, right before the crazy winds and power knocked out again...
  23. Yup, I have no time to deal with anymore of that...a nice steady rainfall is fine by me
×
×
  • Create New...