Jump to content

Ed, snow and hurricane fan

Members
  • Posts

    2,133
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ed, snow and hurricane fan

  1. IIRC, my favorite storm of all time, 5 days no school, February 1978, was technically a Miller B, but, again, from memory, it was enhanced by mid level energy that pushed an Arctic front through NYC area as the coastal was developing off the Carolinas. I moved from Massapequa 2 years later. Now big storms are nostalgia.
  2. Moved Massapequa, NY 11758 to Dallas just after the Blizzard of 1978. Dallas at least gets a dusting almost every Winter, Houston, last snow was a dusting in 2017. One thing, one doesn't know what a real severe thunderstorm is living on Long Island.
  3. I am now bracketed between snow reports at DWH and IAH, but all I can feel is sleet, not even 'slow raindrops' which might be a not quite completely melted snowflake clumps.
  4. Can't tell in the streetlights if there is any snow, but I can hear and feel on my car roof some sleet, maybe 10 miles SE DWH and 5 miles West of IAH. At 30.00001N, 29.9999N is a 15 second walk from my front door.
×
×
  • Create New...