Jump to content

Rmine1

Daily Post Limited Member
  • Posts

    1,097
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Rmine1

  1. Beating a dead horse, but it appears that the entire precip field is getting eroded as it approaches w Suffolk.
  2. It just keeps eroding. Rain totals may vary greatly over a matter of miles.
  3. Can someone explain why the precip shield rotating from e to w is getting eaten away in W Suffolk?
  4. Precip hitting a brick wall in western Suffolk. wind however is starting to crank
  5. First drops in Brightwaters. Strange because you can see the clear skies not too far north
  6. Last restaurant post. Check out Bar Lucy in Bay Shore. Cool place, great service, and the food is on par with the LH
  7. I live in brightwaters, 5 minutes from the LH. We go there too much($$$) Easily a top 5 restaurant on the island. If you like duck, theirs is the best. Unfortunately they flood very easily.
  8. According to Uptons point and click, it’s going to be “breezy” for the island. I’m running to Dicks to get a kite
  9. Bust calls incoming. Typical me, I’ll let others start them, and I’ll join later on. Doh
  10. SW Suffolk could use some. Things have dried out considerably since the last rain event. Wind is not helping
  11. Agreed. I’m smack dab in the middle of the donut hole. Had about 10 minutes of torrential rain, and right now the sun is peaking out. Maybe the precipitation to the west will pivot through
  12. Strangely Upton's bullseye from yesterday looks to be the area that will see the lowest totals
  13. It appears that the western half of LI will end up on the lower end of predicted totals. The forks will be in the good stuff
  14. You had me at hello NWS Upton A southern stream shortwave passing over the area late tonight into Sunday morning with will tap into a tropical airmass (can see this plume of moisture on GOES-EAST Water Vapor over the southeast) with PWATs increasing to 2-2.3" by early Sunday morning. A warm front will also approach the area and potentially set up somewhere over the coast/Long Island on Sunday morning. A weak wave of low pressure may also track along the warm front. These ingredients will lead to showers with heavy downpours and a few thunderstorms late tonight into Sunday morning.
  15. Ty. I’m a lucky man, I got to come home. I helped manage the derivatives risk book for Lehman Brothers. Myself, and two others had to sneak back into the building to download the firm’s risk profile. Pitch black, and a gaping hole where a beam had split the trading floor in half. PD is a very misunderstood disease. I was diagnosed 10 years ago, and it has progressed at a very slow pace. My biggest fight has been with the non motor symptoms like anxiety. Does it suck? Yes Will it kill me? No I have a beautiful family that I had to be here for. My oldest is a police officer(25), and my youngest son(22) just sold his business for a very large sum of $. He, and future generations will have a very comfortable life. I am blessed apologies to the mods for me clogging up the board with my life story. It’s all good
  16. My office window was right over West St looking right at the N tower. The glass fell like confetti, and as we departed the building onto Vesey, there were bodies all over the place. Saw things that will forever be etched in my mind. People jumping, hearing bodies hit the glass overhangs. Lost friends who were just getting their families started. I have struggled with PTSD, and subsequently was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease. Unfortunately PD is not covered by the victims compensation fund. Very lucky to have gotten out. Never forget
  17. Looks like the worst will miss the island with first line. Same movie playing once again. Hopefully we can get something more significant later
  18. Wow, thunder and lightning in Brightwaters!
  19. As I sit here in SW Suffolk green with envy as the line of thunderstorms disappear crossing onto LI.
  20. Zero is a stretch, but 2-4 inches is absolutely off the table
×
×
  • Create New...