Jump to content

Thinksnow18

Members
  • Posts

    4,144
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Thinksnow18

  1. My wife just mentioned to me about 30 minutes ago that one if the day shift CNA'S tested positive today. She was last at the facility on Sunday so they're doing what they can to sanitize even more. I of course am concerned with my wife and children but also for the elderly residents...this could be bad.
  2. What were truly fighting is not this first wave but the second one to follow. We have to have a plan in place for that inevitably. We cannot just shut down and isolate again 6 months from now.
  3. I have nothing but vitriol for the New York State Department of health. Late to the party is an understatement. My wife is an MDS coordinator (RN) and has witnessed the worst conditions at her facilities even prior to this pandemic. The state dept is supposed to run checks in the form of what's considered survey of the facility. If the NY State dept of health had any semblance of a clue this facility would be either be faced with thousands of dollars in fines, owners forced to sell it or closed all together...instead they are given the equivalent of a 10 second time out. They are incredibly inept.
  4. Syrmax I have agreed with your logic for some time on this. There are people only concerned with the actual numbers that are reported but what about the estimated numbers? How many people actually go to the Dr. like BW said when they have flu-like symptoms? I have a fever or chest congestion that knocks me on my ass for days at least once a year and I don't go to my GP. What I find fascinating is that the death rate world wide is more likely about 2.5% if everyone was tested. Plenty of people with no symptoms or very mild symptoms but are positive. I believe as Iceland is reporting makes that case.
  5. I think the number of cases really skews the ratios of hospitalization and death rate. I've been beating this drum for about a week now and Syrmax brought it up yesterday.
  6. I wonder if there is a way to sterilize a once used mask again?
  7. Does anyone believe there is a number out there that will satisfy the government, state or federal that will allow these restrictions to be lifted or lessened? My reasoning is this. China was reporting little to no new cases for a few days to a week or so and then allowed travelers who were away from home cone back bringing a second but smaller wave. If just travel alone can spark a rise in the viral spread then I fear this will be months of our new normal and lots of unrecoverable job loss. Thoughts?
×
×
  • Create New...