Ahhh, good question! That's the nature of "zugzwang" (German word that essentially means "obligation to move"). Normally in chess, if it's your move you have the advantage because you then control things to varying degrees. However, there are situations where having to move will put you in a *worse* board position that would be more advantageous to your opponent!
In the setup I have shown in the avatar...it's mutual zugzwang! If black is to move, they cannot stop white from queening the pawn (a huge advantage!), and eventually lose. If white is to move, they must move their king away from protecting the pawn such that black can take it, resulting in a draw...or, move their king directly behind the pawn which results in a stalemate (and thus, in either case, lose the significant advantage of potentially queening the pawn).
I contrast that with a quote I really like from the great player David Bronstein (very colorful personality in how he analyzed and described games!)..."The most powerful weapon in chess is to have the next move!"