I am more of a winter lurker. I came on because my husband said we are getting a little rain and some gusts of wind. It’s no big deal here only the cape. I just saw a post from a local TV Met that intrigued me enough to come back to check here for the bigger picture. Super storm sandy, remnants of ida, Irene, flash flooding here in Seymour and Oxford over a trivial rain event are engrained in my memory and how many were caught off guard. While sandy people prepped more for wind rather than flooding. One thing I’ve learned is people don’t believe the forecasts unless it’s labeled something. Here in New England flash flooding is often warned about rarely happens in a devastating ways. They’re warned but people just sort of give it a meh we always get those nothings going to happen. Meh those weather guys are always wrong. What they don’t do is listen and understand the chance is there. I have to say I’ve seen more downplaying of this more than hype on social media. .