Jump to content

Tarheel17

Members
  • Posts

    170
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tarheel17

  1. Moderate snow near South Park! ~3 inches of snow/sleet for the event so far IMBY
  2. Can confirm, 45 degrees with heavy sleet in Uptown Charlotte
  3. KCLT stuck on 48/36. 10 degrees cooler just to our NE, hoping that cooler air pushes in soon.
  4. I forgot how much I missed having something worthwhile to track. I'll give it 48 hours before it goes *poof* and we get another warm rain.
  5. You know it's rough when my parents up in Michigan have been on the battle lines of snow/ice/rain all winter. Terrible, terrible pattern.
  6. Luckily my company is funding the trip. Maybe they know how much I hate the heat and want me to have effectively 8 months of summer this year since I will get back just in time for our yearly May heat wave.
  7. At this point I'm looking forward to my upcoming trip to Singapore for a few months. At least when I am baking in the tropical heat and humidity, it'll meet my expectations.
  8. So this means the rubber-band will rebound and we will have a significantly below average summer temps, right?
  9. Wasn't wrong for Charlotte unfortunately. Point taken overall, though.
  10. Any room in here? Seems the western half of the Triangle has cashed in on a few events recently. Charlotte unfortunately remains a battle-line. Maybe I shouldn't have moved lol
  11. And here comes some last minute cliff jumping when it is nowcasting time.
  12. At least I have family I can visit in Michigan if this completely busts. I definitely feel for anyone entirely born and raised down this way.
  13. Sigh, getting the sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach I last had in Jan 2017 back near RDU.
  14. Ah, I see. I grew up as a kid in Michigan. Imagine how long of a fetch we could get going from Lake Michigan to Lake Norman for some lake effect.
  15. Will the urban heat island effect cause more convective feedback over Charlotte?
  16. Verbatim a warm nose sticks right up 77 into Charlotte.
  17. Wouldn't be surprised if the FV3 comes in a little colder since it's been trending that way vs. the GFS. This will be a good test to see if we truly have an improved model.
  18. I can come to terms with the warmth, but having dew points in the 60s in the middle of February is worse than a 33 degree rain for me.
  19. Just hoping for an inch and then I'm sure spring will be right around the corner.
  20. Truly demoralizing. Always time for fab february?
  21. Charlotte and Raleigh should start a donation collection. Maybe if everyone in nearby counties filled their truck beds with snow and shoveled it out on all of our lawns, we would feel like we got a snowfall or two.
  22. I'm expecting the warm nose to torture us in a line from CLT to RDU, as per usual.
  23. Serious question, how can the national weather service still call for 6-11 inches of snow/sleet in the middle of an event, and we still only see 3-4 max? That's a huge bust, but it was especially a slap in the face when they bumped up our totals just as it changed over to sleet.
×
×
  • Create New...