• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
favorite weather books

Bostonseminole

First of all feel free to move this to another thread/forum, figure I would start here. My birthday is coming up andmy Wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I told my wife to buy me some weather books. Basically I want books that Professional Mets and Hobbyist have use(d) to learn more about the weather arounds us. I guess stuff that you keep close to you for reference and also I would love to get a better understanding of reading upper level maps.

Thanks

R

First of all feel free to move this to another thread/forum, figure I would start here. My birthday is coming up andmy Wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I told my wife to buy me some weather books. Basically I want books that Professional Mets and Hobbyist have use(d) to learn more about the weather arounds us. I guess stuff that you keep close to you for reference and also I would love to get a better understanding of reading upper level maps.

Thanks

R

Obviously Northeast Snowstorms by Kocin Uccellini, the bible volumes one and two. The Great 1888 Blizzard coffee table top version By Judd Caplovech and Paul Kocin. New England Snow storms by David Ludlom, and technical Met 101

Obviously Northeast Snowstorms by Kocin Uccellini, the bible volumes one and two. The Great 1888 Blizzard coffee table top version By Judd Caplovech and Paul Kocin. New England Snow storms by David Ludlom, and technical Met 101

thanks, i put them on my amazon wish list.. how about the last one? is that an acutal booK?

The Wind that Shook the World

The story of the 38 hurricane

This, and

The Sudden Sea is also a great book on this.

http://www.amazon.com/Sudden-Sea-Great-Hurricane-1938/dp/0316832111/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294016985&sr=8-1

The Perfect Storm

for fun, look up Edward Rowe Snow at a local library - great old New England sea stories (and storms, ghosts, etc)

my only met textbook is Meteorology Today by Ahearns... pretty basic

Archived