• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Infamous Snowhole- LA Nada pattern

Grothar

We got 80 inches last winter here in NW New Jersey. Normally we get the jackpot totals, but that generally has not been the case the past couple years (with exception to the Feb 26th storm). We're still getting clipped with decent totals, so I'm not too disappointed. We'll gladly share the snow with our friends on the coast. :thumbsup:

This may be off topic, but how is early spring (March/April) for temperatures and precip? I hope we don't get a repeat of last year. :rolleyes:

I live in Eastern York county PA , and I had over 70 inches of snow last year. I consider this area interior pa as well. I guess what I'm trying to say is, not all the interior areas got screwed last year. This past storm yes, we got shafted, but overall its been great for snow around here.

Go north of 80 and you will see a major drop in snow totals for last winter. If it weren't for the retrobomb we would have only finished with about 26" of snow last winter.

We got 80 inches last winter here in NW New Jersey. Normally we get the jackpot totals, but that generally has not been the case the past couple years (with exception to the Feb 26th storm). We're still getting clipped with decent totals, so I'm not too disappointed. We'll gladly share the snow with our friends on the coast. :thumbsup:

This may be off topic, but how is early spring (March/April) for temperatures and precip? I hope we don't get a repeat of last year. :rolleyes:

Up here just north of you we finished with 76" last yr. Since 02-03 winter we have averaged 66.3" a season. Thats about 15 or so inches above normal. Like you said cant really complain since we have been getting decent snows up here while areas on the coast are getting bombed. It just seems odd that there really hasnt been a real RA/SN line in a good while.

Yeah, I don't remember personally but 93-94 was a mismatch....KAVP had over 90" that winter.

91-92, 94-95, 97-98 were winters that were disasters all around AFAIK.

97-98 was actually good for State College, near 50" of snow that winter. A major storm nailed them on 2/24/98 with over a foot. 12/29/97 was also over a foot for State College.

It's very rare for them to see the over 18" storms that we sometimes get here on the coast (with the exceptions of 92-93 and 93-94), but they are at least used to nickel-and-dime 3-6 and 4-8" events. Those have been extremely hard to come by during the later 2/3 of this decade.

Archived