• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh/Western PA Fall 2023 Discussion

Ahoff

Most of the long range forecasting (heck even short range) is above my pay grade, but I certainly don't hate the look currently advertised heading into mid December. At least right now, its not a shutout pattern, several chances of at least some snow on various ENS runs. Past that, nino climo would tend to favor increasing chances for winter weather heading into January and February. I'm at least cautiously optimistic for the winter as a whole at least hitting the average bar, with above average likelihood of some more frequent big storm tracking, whether we cash in of course tbd. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RitualOfTheTrout said:

Most of the long range forecasting (heck even short range) is above my pay grade, but I certainly don't hate the look currently advertised heading into mid December. At least right now, its not a shutout pattern, several chances of at least some snow on various ENS runs. Past that, nino climo would tend to favor increasing chances for winter weather heading into January and February. I'm at least cautiously optimistic for the winter as a whole at least hitting the average bar, with above average likelihood of some more frequent big storm tracking, whether we cash in of course tbd. 

Agree.  Looks like the models are trending towards a cooler second half of December.  Hopefully, that is true.  We’ll see.