• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    acibarich
    Newest Member
    acibarich

12Z coming in a little higher for DFW. Counties SW of Metroplex looking better as well. These WeatherBell maps show different (higher) amounts than COD does anyone know what that's about? I'm guessing it's a resolution thing with their graphical output?

06Z.thumb.png.6d8aa45d21a16b53c2bfa0ffcc0eca7a.png12Z.thumb.png.8e36b2e0991fb3d698066d2ac6b08f31.png

EDIT: These amounts are high imo so I think it's a WeatherBell thing.

Excited to see what failure mode we get today. TV mets are gung-ho on this which makes me even more pessimistic lol

33 minutes ago, cheese007 said:

Excited to see what failure mode we get today. TV mets are gung-ho on this which makes me even more pessimistic lol

Depending on where you are I think DFW can pull off 1", maybe even 2" if we flip quickly which I think is possible with good mid-level WAA.

39 minutes ago, cheese007 said:

a good old cold rain event of course...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, vwgrrc said:

a good old cold rain event of course...

Hey now we could get some virga! The sky's the limit!

• Haha 1

Am i right this seems a little more aggressive than HRRR indicated? HRRR says all rain for Denton and Collin since last night. But we see a good area of now in both.

• Like 1

I'd settle for an inch up here near Murphy, TX. Not sure how feasible it is, still waiting for the atmosphere to moisten up enough over here.

• Like 1

Well some wintry precip did find its way up here! Now the real question: does it peter out or pickup and stick?

1 minute ago, cheese007 said:

Well some wintry precip did find its way up here! Now the real question: does it peter out or pickup and stick?

I'm kind of near where you are but further southwest (just west of DFW) and I'm expecting up to 2". Where you are I think up to 1" is possible.

2 minutes ago, It's Always Sunny said:

I'm kind of near where you are but further southwest (just west of DFW) and I'm expecting up to 2". Where you are I think up to 1" is possible.

From your mouth to God's ears!

• Haha 1

I’m in northwest Tarrant and it’s snowing but not at a fast enough clip to start accumulating.  At least we haven’t seen it switch back to rain here.

6 minutes ago, SWineman said:

I’m in northwest Tarrant and it’s snowing but not at a fast enough clip to start accumulating.  At least we haven’t seen it switch back to rain here.

Same here in NW Dallas so far. Hopefully that changes but at least we saw some flakes for once!

Southern Collin County, and also getting flakes here. It can't accumulate at this rate either but it's better than whatever that weak stuff was (here) last January

SE Denton close to Collin county snowing heavily. Starting to see accumulation on roof

TV Mets and NWS still seem to be bullish on accumulations for whatever it's worth. Still a bit skeptical but I was wrong about the snow...