• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
long term 5-10 yrs +

claurice

I am new here, obviously, I hope I am not breaking any forum rules as I read the "stickys" and please don't flame me as I am not a weather expert. As the saying goes:  I know it is tough to make predictions, especially about the future...I just wanted to ask opinions on what the long term future holds for SE winter weather, more specifically NC (W-S area) It seems the jet stream is wavier resulting in extreme highs and lows. Do you think this will continue or something else? what about annual snowfall? Thanks

Hey Claurice,

i think the global warming sub forum would be the place to ask this question. You could dig around in there and see what you find.  Also your question is being debated among climatologist right now and there is no definitive consensus on those issues.  Knowing that climate and hence weather pattern are changing and will continue to change is one thing.  Knowing how those changes play out is another with much more uncertainty.  

Imo the activity from the sun is the biggest determining factor in global temperature fluctuations. We are entering a period of significantly reduced sunspot activity which can coincide with global temperature drops as well. The years 2020-2050 could be quite interesting as levels near what they were during the “little Ice Age.”

Archived