• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2017 mountain and foothill spring thread

Met1985

Another beautiful morning with a low of 47 degrees. So we have Irma in a weakening state near the coast of Cuba moving further West each run it seems. This is good news for us because the path keeps on turning more and more west from us and keeping most of the heavier rain out of our area. Hopefully this trend keeps up and hopefully we do not get 6 to 10 inches of rainfall from this thing. The latest GFS has us getting maybe 2-4 inches of rainfall from this storm as each trend keeps the center further away. 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Another beautiful morning with a low of 47 degrees. So we have Irma in a weakening state near the coast of Cuba moving further West each run it seems. This is good news for us because the path keeps on turning more and more west from us and keeping most of the heavier rain out of our area. Hopefully this trend keeps up and hopefully we do not get 6 to 10 inches of rainfall from this thing. The latest GFS has us getting maybe 2-4 inches of rainfall from this storm as each trend keeps the center further away. 

I hope we are spared the worst of the wind and rain as well, although the track of Opal was way west of us also.

5 minutes ago, cold air aloft said:

I hope we are spared the worst of the wind and rain as well, although the track of Opal was way west of us also.

Yeah obviously there are no absolutes with this storm. I hope, I pray we are spared flooding and high winds. I like the trends so far. The rain output from the latest GFS is not impressive for the mountains. 

Archived