• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Does anybody else find the time stamp for posts annoying inside 24 hrs?

ice1972

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/3/2016 at 8:06 AM, ice1972 said:

Just think that saying a post was posted "13 hrs ago" has an error of 60 min....when it reverts to an exact stamp after 24 hrs it's fine just think inside 24 hrs it's annoying.....I don't recall it being that way before.....

Yes, annoying.  I had put in a support request about this one in September, partly just to see whether I'd get any response and no response.  I'm guessing by the mod's response that there's no fix for this.  

1 hour ago, RU848789 said:

Yes, annoying.  I had put in a support request about this one in September, partly just to see whether I'd get any response and no response.  I'm guessing by the mod's response that there's no fix for this.  

It's weird that an exact time stamp can't be the standard from the moment a post is posted.....guess not many care

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2016 at 8:06 AM, ice1972 said:

Just think that saying a post was posted "13 hrs ago" has an error of 60 min....when it reverts to an exact stamp after 24 hrs it's fine just think inside 24 hrs it's annoying.....I don't recall it being that way before.....

It's been that way for some time.  I hate hatehatehathate it.  Hate having to refresh even when there haven't been new posts, just to update the timestamps so I don't have to remember "that was 3 hours ago plus about 2 hours since I last checked".  It causes extra server traffic.  Not a lot, but annoying and avoidable.

My wish would be to have it configurable as to whether you want to see the actual vs relative post time for these < 24 hour posts.  The system's keeping the original timestamp anyhow, after all.

Archived