• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Severe Weather Threat in the ArkLaTex - Sunday March 12

Jim Martin

Actually I did read his entire post. If he didn't mean to compare this event to 3/1/97 in any way shape or form, why even bring it up? There's been numerous other supercell and tornado events in this same area with similar tracks since March 1, 1997, none nearly as devastating or deadly. Posters on this board, not just in this thread, always compare whatever current severe weather event is going on to the most epic one ever in that area (if it's in Alabama, 4/27/2011, Oklahoma 5/3/99, etc). The reason, of course, is to sensationalize their post and get more attention, which in turn leads the weather-uneducated readers of this forum to think another 3/1/97 is happening. I think it's completely ridiculous and needs to be called out more often, but judging by the responses and attacks on me on here it's apparently what the regular posters and moderators of this forum want - and why us actual meteorologists don't (and won't) post.

Are you serious right now? Have you even seen my posts on here or elsewhere?

Who the heck here with any credibility compares an event in OK to 5/3/99 or AL to 4/27/11 without a basis? I haven't seen it and I sure as hell haven't done it since my earlier days on the forum when I was less experienced.

Unless you are implying people who can't literally read a post read this board, what is your purpose for all of this?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually I did read his entire post. If he didn't mean to compare this event to 3/1/97 in any way shape or form, why even bring it up? There's been numerous other supercell and tornado events in this same area with similar tracks since March 1, 1997, none nearly as devastating or deadly. Posters on this board, not just in this thread, always compare whatever current severe weather event is going on to the most epic one ever in that area (if it's in Alabama, 4/27/2011, Oklahoma 5/3/99, etc). The reason, of course, is to sensationalize their post and get more attention, which in turn leads the weather-uneducated readers of this forum to think another 3/1/97 is happening. I think it's completely ridiculous and needs to be called out more often, but judging by the responses and attacks on me on here it's apparently what the regular posters and moderators of this forum want - and why us actual meteorologists don't (and won't) post.

"Us actual meteorologists" do post, and while some hyperbole goes on at times, this is definitely not one of those cases. You are making a mountain out of a molehill....

What's the protocol for updating the SPC Reports page with tornado reports? There were at least three TOR Warning products that called out a 'confirmed tornado' along with a specific location - but none of the three are listed yet on the SPC Storm Reports page.

Normally, it seems like TOR Warning products usually result in a tornado on the storm report.

In the below three screen grabs, the left is the SPC Storm Report "Google Maps' view and the right is the Warning Product text grabbed from our great posters on here.

Several tornadoes that were seen by spotters yesterday, and yet only 4 tornado reports on the SPC storm reports page.

No one thought 3/1/97 was happening, one person mentioned there were a few similarities and even said this event isn't like that one. You are calling out a ghost and looking pretty ridiculous while doing so. As for your last line, actual meteorologists do post here, but you come along guns ablazing acting like you know everything. It is pretty insulting to those who post here especially meteorologists. Next time think before posting a post blasting people.

Archived